DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Repair Scam

JJB

Reactions
I have had my Mavic Pro for 1 1/2 years I have never crashed it or even had a hard landing.
I fly on Tuesday with no problems and I wake up to fly the next day and I have a message on my
Drone the states " Gimbal Motor Load Too Large" and my camera is pointing in a downward position
So I send my Mavic to DJI for repair and today I get an email quote back saying they need to repair
the:
Rear Right Motor Arm
Rear Left Motor Arm
Gimbal Axis Arm Module
Gimbal and Camera Module
Lower Shell

Total 459.00

and they claim this damage was caused by Physical Impact (crash)
I have never crashed my drone or bumped it or anything so WTH is going on!
Repair Scam for sure!

First of WELCOME to the forum! Sorry to hear about your accident but rest assured you have come to the right place for excellent help and support.

You can reach out to @djidroneservice for help. They offer a stellar up front claim:

"In a few simple clear steps, your drone will be on its way to our skilled certified technician, RISK-FREE. As part of promising full integrity and clarity, we offer FREE Send/Return shipping, FREE inspection, and more options when you've run out of them. We fix all DJI drones; Spark, Mavic Air, Mavic Pro, Mavic 2 Zoom, Mavic 2 Pro, Inspire 1, Inspire 2 and Matrice. Our mission is always to get you back where you belong, up in the air. "

Best of all they are an Approved Vendor here which means they help support our forum and keep it FREE for the rest of us. That's a Win-WIN for everyone :)

Drop them a note and see what they offer up.

Good luck :)

Are you sure it's actually DJI you sent it to, or a 3rd party repairer that repairs DJI drones?
Always take a pic of the drone, preferably next to box and shipping label before shipping. It'll show proof of the condition when you send it out. Any damage after that, maybe the shipping company dropped it.

I was thinking that too

so I asked them to send me a photo of my drone

he said he would put in a request but could not promise anything
Check the serial To be sure it’s your bird.
Let them send it back to you, once you receive it open up a ticket w us and youll be airborne in no time at a fraction of the cost.
Use coupon Mavicpilots for $35 off the repair
Also welcome to the forum the most wonderful dji drone forum in existence

First I want to say Welcome.....I was thinking, maybe it is a 3rd party repair service that made the mistake. Or maybe DJI (the official company) but you dont really know the facts yet so maybe, just maybe your title may be premature... I would do the fact finding first be giving DJI a bad name. I know your frustration, been there and I had a thought about the company and I bashed them. I found out later after fact finding it wasn't the actual official company I bashed it was a 3rd party that made an honest mistake.... just my thought....good luck and welcome again...

Reactions: BigAl07
My brother-in-law has an air that is less than 6 months old. He has never crashed it but twice at about 4 feet it just fell out of the sky. The one time he was hovering it getting use to the camera settings and it just dropped to the ground. He called DJI and they acted like this was a problem they were aware of and they told him to send it in. He did and they told him the power board was cracked due to physical damage. They told him it was going to be $160 to fix it. There isn't a scratch on his drone. It really makes me question the support and repair service DJI offers.

Reactions: Harrier
Are you sure it's actually DJI you sent it to, or a 3rd party repairer that repairs DJI drones?
Always take a pic of the drone, preferably next to box and shipping label before shipping. It'll show proof of the condition when you send it out. Any damage after that, maybe the shipping company dropped it.
That’s a great idea
I didn’t take a pic of it

First I want to say Welcome.....I was thinking, maybe it is a 3rd party repair service that made the mistake. Or maybe DJI (the official company) but you dont really know the facts yet so maybe, just maybe your title may be premature... I would do the fact finding first be giving DJI a bad name. I know your frustration, been there and I had a thought about the company and I bashed them. I found out later after fact finding it wasn't the actual official company I bashed it was a 3rd party that made an honest mistake.... just my thought....good luck and welcome again...
Thank you for your response
First of all I connected with DJI through there official website so I’m not aware of they would send it over to a 3rd party for repair also I spoke with a dji rep for an hour trying to explain that
My drone has never been crashed in any way
And I don’t understand how it could have any
Impact damage especially since there stating they need to replace the shell...
Now your right..maybe some type of mix up is happening but being I was completely unable to get any assistance for the DJI rep and was told I would need to pay this amount regardless of my statements about my drone never having been crashed seemed to me a bit of a Scam
But I hope your right and this is just some type of honest error by DJI.

I have had my Mavic Pro for 1 1/2 years I have never crashed it or even had a hard landing.
I fly on Tuesday with no problems and I wake up to fly the next day and I have a message on my
Drone the states " Gimbal Motor Load Too Large" and my camera is pointing in a downward position
So I send my Mavic to DJI for repair and today I get an email quote back saying they need to repair
the:
Rear Right Motor Arm
Rear Left Motor Arm
Gimbal Axis Arm Module
Gimbal and Camera Module
Lower Shell

Total 459.00

and they claim this damage was caused by Physical Impact (crash)
I have never crashed my drone or bumped it or anything so WTH is going on!
Repair Scam for sure!

I can relate! Been there as well. I wound up paying (but got a discounted amount after speaking with a supervisor).

Reactions: JJB
Check the serial To be sure it’s your bird.
Let them send it back to you, once you receive it open up a ticket w us and youll be airborne in no time at a fraction of the cost.
Use coupon Mavicpilots for $35 off the repair
Also welcome to the forum the most wonderful dji drone forum in existence
Where can I find a coupon?

Same here. Was quoted $150 originally for repair. Waiting 2 weeks for a response back on the forum and email. Then finally got a response for a $400 for repairs to a simple issue. Waiting 2 weeks for them to respond again. I approve the fix( my mistake) and they once it was put back together they said I had motor errors. So those needed replacing. They offered me a new MA for the original $400 quote since it was not over a month of repair time. I accepted.... they sent me a previously crashed drone that had all type of cosmetic damages. It did not last long in the air before error messages galore. Does not fly anymore.

That repair company is no longer on this site ( I believe they were kicked out off the forum).
Needless to say, only use approved repair companies.

Same here. Was quoted $150 originally for repair. Waiting 2 weeks for a response back on the forum and email. Then finally got a response for a $400 for repairs to a simple issue. Waiting 2 weeks for them to respond again. I approve the fix( my mistake) and they once it was put back together they said I had motor errors. So those needed replacing. They offered me a new MA for the original $400 quote since it was not over a month of repair time. I accepted.... they sent me a previously crashed drone that had all type of cosmetic damages. It did not last long in the air before error messages galore. Does not fly anymore.

That repair company is no longer on this site ( I believe they were kicked out off the forum).
Needless to say, only use approved repair companies.
If you want a $0 obligation inspection just open a ticket w/ us and send it in w/ the free prepaid label. We can inspect, quote and see if its worth fixing or you can just to upgrade to the mp or m2. Make sure to put "mavicpilots" in the how you heard about us section for $35 off the repair if you choose to do so

Reactions: Lbesing
My experiences with DJI support have been stellar. I’ve had two recent experiences that were absolutely outstanding. A faulty SC with no special coverage replaced at no cost, including shipping & a 2016 Inspire 1 Pro damaged gimbal , well out of warranty, fixed for $250 & DJI paid shipping both ways. I always contact them online and discuss the issue and get a Case Number (very important). You can track the process online, technician review, estimate, fix, quality checks and finally UPS tracking number. I don’t think I have ever experienced such an efficient system which in my opinion is very good value. Granted they use a slow shipping method but otherwise their service is the best I’ve ever seen.

Made big mistake sending my Mavic to them for repair. Horrible experience told them to just send it back to me. When it came back my camera had the same condition but was perfect when I sent it. I will fix myself next time or send somewhere else. Never will send anything to them again!!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme