DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Replacement Faulty

Hand Solo

Reactions
I think this probably should be here and not the Mavic Pro sub thread - but if any mods disagree please feel free to move.
On Tuesday, I received my replacement Mavic Pro Plat, which was repaired under warrenty for a camera issue where the horizon would jump on deceleration and vibration(?) lines were appearing in videos. DJI confirmed the unit was faulty with a " Gimbal arm module defect" and the Gimbal Axis Arm Module and repair service fee were waived - there was no evidence of this though, instead of the damaged component on warrenty screen i just had a picture of a desk. This all appears muite though as DJI havent actually repaired my drone! The drone thats arrived has a different serial number and that combined with some slight scuffing on the serial number sticker in the battery holder area tells me its a refurb unit.

Took the drone out for a test flight yesterday and I think DJI have sent me a defective replacement as gimbal and camera problems are the same! I have a few videos here and i want a sanity check - i just dont remembe my original MPP doing any of this when i first had it.

Camera shudder when moving of - 5 seconds in
Horizon camera jump when decelerating - 8 & 31 seconds in

The last video
Camera is out of control and articulating its self

I would appreciate your thoughts on all this please - is this drone also defective? If it is then having a refurb drone returned with the same problems as the one you sent in for repair is giving me no confidence as to the quality control of the DJI repair programme. I dont want to play a game of russian roulette and *hope* the drone they send me has been throughly checked. If they can send me a refurb which has a broken camera how can I be confident they are not sending me a drone which could have problems far worse that cause it to come out the sky??

When all is said i done, I would of just wanted my original drone back, its 10 hours flight time and knowing its history.

What would you advise i do? My head tells me to put in a written complaint and not go through the support people.

Thanks
Graham

Flight logs not necessary ... that's not a healthy behavior & none of these hiccups can be remedied by a gimbal calibration.

Thanks both for replying and Slup for confirming my thoughts.
Next step is making a complaint to DJI as this is well below expected service levels....but no email address for complaints listed!! Will keep digging

There was two reasons for my comment about logs,
1) it might be of use to the forensic guys, that is now null and void
but
2) would not copies of the logs in their raw state not serve as irrefutable record of the state of the drone should it become a contested matter?

Reactions: slup
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S