DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Robomaster S1 LEAKED! Spoiler Alert

brett8883

Reactions

Just hours before the official DJI launch event, the brand new ground-based DJI product line has leaked, named the DJI RoboMaster S1, a ‘build it yourself’ robot drone with lots of accessories.752437524275241

The specification and images were accidentally leaked by VentureBeat and PocketNow when their pre-prepared articles marketing the new product went live. Almost immediately the two tech-blogs pulled their articles offline. DJI had confused many consumers with the launch time and timezone and so it is likely that the mistake was simply an honest error. With the official countdown ticking down to zero, the leaked images are our first glance at what is believed to be the new RoboMaster S1 product, the shape and features of the vehicle appear to match the imagery seen in the ‘Learn To Win’ trailer video released earlier this week, specifically the blue illuminated dial. DroningON DJI Launch Robomasters Product Line DroningON DJI Launch Robomasters Product accessories One of our followers on Twitter has stated that it will cost $499 (courtesy of Wilhelm) but this is unconfirmed, we also believe that this product will only initially be available to USA, Chinese and Japanese markets.

Is that a toy waterjet disruptor with the orange tip? :D

The rollers on the wheels will add some interesting mobility to it.

Given the hostility towards flying things it's smart for DJI to look closer to the ground.

I guess I’ll save my judgement for after the presentation but it looks to small to do anything cool. You know if it could autonomously clean my house then were in business but I have a feeling it’s gonna struggle loading my washer and dryer

I guess I’ll save my judgement for after the presentation but it looks to smal to do anything cool. You know if it could autonomously clean my house then wallet coming out fast.
Looks like it might have a “gun” ... and projectiles laid in rows in the unassembled pic.

I guess I’ll save my judgement for after the presentation but it looks to smal to do anything cool. You know if it could autonomously clean my house then wallet coming out fast.

Yeah, it looks top heavy and has poor ground clearance for outside, and the mecanum wheels (wheels with rollers) are not really good for terrain.

Reactions: brett8883
They look like the rollers for the wheels to me

Yeah I believe the whole thing is a photo of the kit and assembled robot, that’s why there’s so many parts. You’re right about those being for the wheels, the hubs are on display as well.

i think we can safely say that thing aint going to fly, but might just be the toy to have at christmas

Reactions: bronze661
“DJI had confused many consumers with the launch time and timezone and so it is likely that the mistake was simply an honest error.“

This is embarrassing for the world. “10 hours from now, is that Asia time or US time? How do they know where I am!” says somebody at Pocketnow. “Ahh I think they are 10 hours ahead so that’s like right now. Oh snap! Make the page live stat!” Says another person at pocketnow ?‍♀️

This is what it will be capable of. Notice why it has the mecanum wheels? Sideways movement.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S