DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Seize the moment 5-24-17, Mavic basic/Spark?

Mavic626

Reactions
I know a lot of ppl were disappointed on April 23 when DJI had their conference and didn't release any consumer products. It looks like they are having a "Big" event on 5/24/17 in New York. The questions is after sending my Mavic back I am looking at buying another one this week but....with the new event do you think they will be releasing a mavic basic or pro pro version. It may also be the Spark.

If they announce a new product, does DJI typically release it for buying right then or would I have to wait to the fall if they have a newer nicer drone. I don't want to buy another mavic and then be kicking myself when something better comes out a better price. But I do not want to be waiting my entire life for the latest and greatest as well.

Can be anything both on content and availability... Mavic is the perfect example of having to wait months after the announcement. Goggles... 7 months. Other products it can be 3 weeks, but I don't think it's ever been "straight away" any recently, so whatever it is don't expect to have it in your hands before 2 months from now.

Doubt it's going to be Mavic-related.

I was unsure how long it takes to get the actual product in ones hands after the announcement. I think I am going to just buy another Mavic, I was hoping they would come out with a better gimbal as that seems to be the weak spot of the Mavic. But the Spark looks really cool too being more portable but I would imagine the camera would not be as good as the mavic.

Attachments

• seize the moment.jpg
    seize the moment.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 68
Well Mavic was a ****-show for lack of a better term. But yes buy almost immediately and wait a month. Lots of people waited "months". I would count on eight weeks.

I think the "Pro" at the end of "Mavic" already implies in the DJI naming schemes it's the highest it will go. Maybe a "wifi" or smartphone only model makes sense.

Seize the moment means= Selfie drone. Or in other words Spark.

I also think a Mavic type Drone with rear and side sensors could happen. Promoting the goggles it makes sense to have 360 degree collision avoidance

Something we have probably not heard about, keeping it a good secret I suppose ?

Well Mavic was a ****-show for lack of a better term. But yes buy almost immediately and wait a month. Lots of people waited "months". I would count on eight weeks.

Mavic might also have been an early 'panic' announce to undermine the GoPro Karma!

I could be wrong, but I haven't seen any evidence of a new a/c coming out soon. Although, dji does like using New York to announce model releases.

I would also think a new Mavic would be referred to as the Advanced, and not Basic.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada