DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI SERVICE IS TERRIBLE

clownbaby

Reactions
Service continues to be terrible. I just wish that they would not lie all the time. Ive literally been lied to continuously about repair and service issues for I sent my MAvic for refresh and the one business day has turned into five days. They haven't even acknowledge receiving it even though it got there last wednesday. Looks like I won't be able to take it with me on trip so now I have to purchase a Karma. Just wish they would be open an honest about stuff as apposed to selling me refresh under false pretenses

Reactions: Chrissy264
You're not the only one to want to enjoy your easter holiday.

People like you drive me crazy, and I refuse to do business with them as much as I can.

Reactions: Wingo
Service continues to be terrible. I just wish that they would not lie all the time. Ive literally been lied to continuously about repair and service issues for I sent my MAvic for refresh and the one business day has turned into five days. They haven't even acknowledge receiving it even though it got there last wednesday. Looks like I won't be able to take it with me on trip so now I have to purchase a Karma. Just wish they would be open an honest about stuff as apposed to selling me refresh under false pretenses

They will fix it for you and all it might cost you is $79. But yes, turnaround time can be up to a month.

Reactions: JHSlayer
It is what it is. Why are people surprised at this point?

Finally addressed my battery issue by PHONE. Previous online attempts were frustrating. Soo I can say it worked for me

Simple solution: purchase another Mavic through an online dealer with 30 day return policy, like Amazon or BH or Adorama, then use during your trip, then return when your original one comes back. When returning complain about quality control issues so they learn a lesson.

Simple solution: purchase another Mavic through an online dealer with 30 day return policy, like Amazon or BH or Adorama, then use during your trip, then return when your original one comes back. When returning complain about quality control issues so they learn a lesson.

I dont get it. Who would he be teaching the lesson to? An honest reseller trying to make a profit? If he is trying to teach DJI a lesson, he would do what he is planning on doing and buying a Karma which will deprive DJI of his repeat business. If everyone did that who got mistreated by DJI in terms of delayed service and lying about release dates and shipping times, and it put a substantial dent in DJIs revenues, then Im all for it. But dont take it out on the messenger.

If, however, he went to one of these stores and said, "listen, I need a drone for a week while Im on vacation, but I will be returning it after I get done using it, one of them might say yes, or at least charge him a restock fee. That would be fair and honest.

I dont get it. Who would he be teaching the lesson to? An honest reseller trying to make a profit? If he is trying to teach DJI a lesson, he would do what he is planning on doing and buying a Karma which will deprive DJI of his repeat business. If everyone did that who got mistreated by DJI in terms of delayed service and lying about release dates and shipping times, and it put a substantial dent in DJIs revenues, then Im all for it. But dont take it out on the messenger.

If, however, he went to one of these stores and said, "listen, I need a drone for a week while Im on vacation, but I will be returning it after I get done using it, one of them might say yes, or at least charge him a restock fee. That would be fair and honest.

If you tell the reseller that the drone is defective (TBH it is easy to find quirks with it, i.e., almost every gimbal seems to have an issue) they will likely not have to cover for it but DJI will.

If you tell the reseller that the drone is defective (TBH it is easy to find quirks with it, i.e., almost every gimbal seems to have an issue) they will likely not have to cover for it but DJI will.

As an eBay seller, I run into people who think the same way you do who try things like this because they are too impatient and too immature to wait for their own situation to get resolved or simply try to defraud the merchant. Im lucky that this happens only rarely, but I know it does, and I fight the people who try to do it until they come to their senses and realize what they are doing is wrong and immoral.

Be honest and if you have a beef with DJI, take it to DJI. One member here, Alan The Beast, had a beef with DJI and he got them to extend his factory warranty and Refresh start date. He was mature but persistent, and he won. He did the right thing.

Reactions: Michael Ainsworth
Quit lecturing me about this. I got a DJI that was defective (gimbal producing terrible horizon tilt). If DJI had decent customer service they would give me a new one when the product is DOA and not have me wait a month or longer to repair it. I got a second Mavic that had a shot remote (disconnects frequently), so I would have something to use while on the trip I bought the original Mavic for. I will return this one for good reason when the first comes back from repair. It's not my responsibility to make sure DJI ships working products to the sellers, like it is not my responsibility to make sure sellers who deal with them don't get hurt as a result (which will hopefully make them demand better QC from DJI going forward). I spent a very large amount of money, I deserve a working product.

Last edited:
Quit lecturing me about this. I got a DJI that was defective (gimbal producing terrible horizon tilt). If DJI had decent customer service they would give me a new one when the product is DOA and not have me wait a month or longer to repair it. I got a second Mavic that had a shot remote (disconnects frequently), so I would have something to use while on the vacation I bought the original Mavic for. I will return this one for good reason when the first comes back from repair. It's not my responsibility to make sure DJI ships working products to the sellers, like it is not my responsibility to make sure sellers who deal with them don't get hurt as a result. I spent a very large amount of money, I deserve a working product.

Im not lecturing you, that would be a waste of my time since you obviously dont listen to reason and prefer the dishonest way to get instant gratification and want others to follow in your footsteps.

It is not a good idea to tell members here to buy mavics from resellers, some of whom are Approved Vendors here, as I am, and then return them used with fake claims of mechanical faults just because they didnt want to wait for their repair to be completed.

You would be a perfect candidate for a Karma since you seem to be finding problems with both Mavics you got from them. You are not going to single handedly change the way DJI does business. But you have the option to buy a different product from a different manufacturer.

Last edited:
I have sent many drones in to DJI for service, and just by reading this forum, I knew that it was going to be a while before I got them back. That has not changed. 5-6 weeks for a non-refresh repair and 4-5 weeks for a Refresh. Just today, a new member who had just ordered but not yet received his Mavic posted some questions before he took possession of it. That is the way to buy something. Ask questions first, do your research, be prepared for what you have committed to, and deal with it like an adult. If you get bad customer service, go higher up the corporate ladder until you get an ear to hear your complaints. If that doesnt work, there are numerous other avenues to get resolution.

Most members here are thrilled to be driving the latest and greatest in drone technology, and the Mavic is the best drone consumers can buy. Some members have had a few hickups, but overall are happy with their product. When a hickup arises, they come here and get help and ask what to do. Thats what this forum is for.

Yet you keep lecturing...I wasn't advocating making false claims, as you can see when you read my post. Instead I was operating under the assumption that most Mavics have a quirk, even if some are more acceptable than others (say a smaller horizon tilt, or the random defocusing many people are getting on some flights, or even the frequent RC disconnects of my replacement) but enough of a reason to return. That assumption may be false, I grant you that.

Most Mavics DO NOT have quirks. Where are you getting your information from? I have bought, sold and repaired over 350 DJI products, including over 100 Mavics, and I always demo the product for the customer if they are buying it locally and help them get it set up. I also offer post-sales support, and I can count on my hand the number of quirks customers have had that required their Mavics to be sent back to DJI. Most problems are due to improper setup or operation of the drone.

I give a little bit of advice and problem solving here, and very few times will I relent and tell the owner to send it back to DJI because its a mechanical problem from the factory. Its a well known fact that alot of people join here to get advice because they have a setup problem, but most of those problems are cured by the advice they get here.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser