DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

dji smart controller and epson bt-300 glasses

Thegunplumber

Reactions
Hi all I have a set of Epson bt-300 glasses and wondered if anyone knows if they can be used with the new dji smart controller.i appreciate that they were designed to do away with having a phone or tablet but I would also like to have both.Also if they cant be connected is it still possible to register smart controller with mavic pro 2 whilst still having the ability to swap over to original controller with bt-300 glasses.Any help would be appreciated.

Hi all I have a set of Epson bt-300 glasses and wondered if anyone knows if they can be used with the new dji smart controller.i appreciate that they were designed to do away with having a phone or tablet but I would also like to have both.Also if they cant be connected is it still possible to register smart controller with mavic pro 2 whilst still having the ability to swap over to original controller with bt-300 glasses.Any help would be appreciated.
I don't know about using them (hdmi output from SC) but I believe that you can use the SC or the regular controller but you'd have to re-link. I don't think you can "throw a switch" or use and option to chose one or the other. RE-LINKING is most likely required.

I don't know about using them (hdmi output from SC) but I believe that you can use the SC or the regular controller but you'd have to re-link. I don't think you can "throw a switch" or use and option to chose one or the other. RE-LINKING is most likely required.
thanks bit of a pain having to re link as for straight link to glasses I suppose ill just have to wait out and see.My sm is arriving on Monday.

Wanting to get those fpv bt-300 glasses myself, I have the new smart controller, how do you like the glasses, do they work good and wondering can you fly far out using them 10,000 feet that’s what I need to know?? Any thoughts would help

Wanting to get those fpv bt-300 glasses myself, I have the new smart controller, how do you like the glasses, do they work good and wondering can you fly far out using them 10,000 feet that’s what I need to know?? Any thoughts would help
Hi they are perfect good clear picture and having the ability to have line of sight is great. Easy and fast to connect to mavic as for distance I haven't gone far with it but I believe the distance is set from original controller that you plug into. I would recommend getting them and now they are only 449 on amazon.

Hi they are perfect good clear picture and having the ability to have line of sight is great. Easy and fast to connect to mavic as for distance I haven't gone far with it but I believe the distance is set from original controller that you plug into. I would recommend getting them and now they are only 449 on amazon.
Do you have a link to the 449 offer? I do not see any price lower than roughly 650

Technically you can use them since the SC has a USB port, but you cannot use the BT-300s without the trackpad and where would you mount that??

I have the BT-35e with my SC. This is the perfect setup imo, and I’ve tried EVERY possible controller display combo out there for FPV / aerial filming and photography in one setup.

Technically you can use them since the SC has a USB port, but you cannot use the BT-300s without the trackpad and where would you mount that??

I have the BT-35e with my SC. This is the perfect setup imo, and I’ve tried EVERY possible controller display combo out there for FPV / aerial filming and photography in one setup.
Do you know if you can purchase just the 35e connection box and use my glasses.I was wondering as both work on android if there was a way of throwing image to glasses so controlling with smart controller but having ability just to view through glasses.

Last edited:
Do you know if you can purchase just the 35e connection box and use my glasses.I was wondering as both work on android if there was a way of throwing image to glasses so controlling with smart controller but having ability just to view through glasses.

That's the big question, but for now, Epson says not gonna happen anytime soon. Just go with the BT-35e set, they are more versatile and more so-called 'future proof' and much more comfortable to wear - at least for me. The SC screen is MUCH better than the trackpad anyway as far as sensitivity and responsiveness goes. I just glance down slightly without having to even move my head to see the screen on the Smart Controller and as far as setting up waypoints and other settings, etc. - much easier on the controller than the Moverio trackpad.

Reactions: chuck1026
That's the big question, but for now, Epson says not gonna happen anytime soon. Just go with the BT-35e set, they are more versatile and more so-called 'future proof' and much more comfortable to wear - at least for me. The SC screen is MUCH better than the trackpad anyway as far as sensitivity and responsiveness goes. I just glance down slightly without having to even move my head to see the screen on the Smart Controller and as far as setting up waypoints and other settings, etc. - much easier on the controller than the Moverio trackpad.
I already have the bt-300 glasses and my smart controller arrives on monday

Ty I’m making commitment to buy, wow 449 last time I looked they were 700$, is that there newest pair?

Thanks for the info could you please give me more detail on which FPV glasses you’re talking about BT – 35E set,Sounds like that’s the ones I want to get and where are you got them I would appreciate it very much???

This is my setup with the Epson Moverio BT-35E glasses. For sound, I use a wireless earbud I pair with the Smart Controller. The floating Moverio image is comparable to a 90” HD television at 15ft +\-

Attachments

• 7339AACA-A87F-4B25-8CF7-001B9D08D636.jpeg
    7339AACA-A87F-4B25-8CF7-001B9D08D636.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 109
  • ADA735BD-7DE4-42B0-8448-C6F509DBCBE2.jpeg
    ADA735BD-7DE4-42B0-8448-C6F509DBCBE2.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 111
  • 79A1612A-6539-4DCB-9E33-4E39CAB6AC6C.jpeg
    79A1612A-6539-4DCB-9E33-4E39CAB6AC6C.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 112
  • 55E2FA60-07A5-4008-AFE5-1AEE5E081343.jpeg
    55E2FA60-07A5-4008-AFE5-1AEE5E081343.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 104
  • DEF83124-E70A-430C-87EB-C189401A6902.jpeg
    DEF83124-E70A-430C-87EB-C189401A6902.jpeg
    741.8 KB · Views: 102
  • 3E06D584-1F84-4D37-83D2-1D30DF8BC9F0.jpeg
    3E06D584-1F84-4D37-83D2-1D30DF8BC9F0.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 110
Reactions: maven4336
This is my setup with the Epson Moverio BT-35E glasses. For sound, I use a wireless earbud I pair with the Smart Controller. The floating Moverio image is comparable to a 90” HD television at 15ft +\-

Wow very cool this is what I’m getting, what is the gadget on the back of your sc , does that come with the glasses, I’m totally green to this set up, got to have, also does the cords come with everything, where should I buy your set up from, sorry for so many questions, just want to make shure I buy the right stuff, ty very much for sending me your images, where should I buy from please????

Wow very cool this is what I’m getting, what is the gadget on the back of your sc , does that come with the glasses, I’m totally green to this set up, got to have, also does the cords come with everything, where should I buy your set up from, sorry for so many questions, just want to make shure I buy the right stuff, ty very much for sending me your images, where should I buy from please????

Man I wish I had a friend like you to show me hands on lol. Ty again for any info

Velcro

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme