DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Smart Controller Interference with Yuneec Typhoon H Plus.

RFM55555

Reactions
Early this AM I decided to try to use active track on my Mavic 2 Pro to track my Typhoon H Plus in the air. When I had both in the air and set active track I found that input to the DJI smart controller didn’t work normally on the Mavic 2 and also caused the Typhoon to behave erratically.
Does anyone know if one should be able use active track on a Mavic 2 to track another drone in the air? Any experience doing this?

Just a thought...to minimize interference set the DJI unit manually to another channel...(custom).
2332b97f99e6a0a126b91ca7c833a67f.jpg

Early this AM I decided to try to use active track on my Mavic 2 Pro to track my Typhoon H Plus in the air......
Does anyone know if one should be able use active track on a Mavic 2 to track another drone in the air? Any experience doing this?

Almost impossible to use active track for this purpose. Tried it and you have to be way to close for it to be safe.

If your brave enough to try it yourself good luck, go slow and smooth.

Your interference might be because the drones are so close to each other or the transmitters are too close to each other.

Your interference might be because the drones are so close to each other or the transmitters are too close to each other.
I thought RC technology would channel hop to avoid conflicts between transmitters? When I am at RC airfields, the "frequency clothes pin" approach to avoiding transmitter conflicts is a thing of the past? Correct?

I thought RC technology would channel hop to avoid conflicts between transmitters? When I am at RC airfields, the "frequency clothes pin" approach to avoiding transmitter conflicts is a thing of the past? Correct?

I’m an old guy...I remember that LOL...sometimes the old ways can be better.

As suggested before, separating the transmitters can help.

If memory serves the Occusync system frequency hops to find a channel with the lowest interference on power-up; perhaps firing up the Typhoon first, then the M2 second might help.

Or, as I suggested before try a ‘custom’ channel on the M2.

Chanel hoping supports the control of the drone or data quality in the signal only but it can not over come a “loud” broadcast . The issue when they are close to each other is the transmitters drowns out each other.

It’s like two people yelling right next to each other. There is enough overlap that the “loudness” distorts the quality of other signals.

I fly with other pilots a good deal. I can tell you from experience that any wifi signal drone struggles next to a DJI non wifi. For example my Mavic air struggles when a friend flys a Mavic pro. We get around the issue by standing about 10 feet apart.

I sometimes fly my Mavic when someone has an analog FPV drone and the Mavic air struggles. The Mavic pro and my inspire 2 don’t have much issue unless standing shoulder to shoulder.

I had a yuneec TH myself before I got my inspire. I found that it’s wifi signal was good but in noisy signal environments it struggled with distance. However I have flown with two TH at the same time and they didn’t seem to effect each other within the line of site distances. I do however fly well away from urban areas so the background RF signals are very low.

I purchased software from hanger that works on the DJI platform that each controller running it create a local wifi off your phone and they provide each other information about where each drone in what they call airspace and you can use that information for one drone to track other drones and keep safe distance and point camera properly. Worked well, but I have not had much use for it once the novelty wore out for me. Autopilot was the name of the software BTW made by hanger.

I though someone on the forum shared some software that was free it really affordable that did drone to drone tracking for DJI products also. Maybe sears for that.

The approach your using is not very consistent. Active track needs a bigger target with predicable motion paths. I think one reason why it identifies it’s a car or person is for the motion prediction software to track better based on what the identified object typical motion path.

If you really need to do drone to drone tracking find yourself software that shares the drones locations and calculates the camera angles for you. Autopilot does it but it’s a beast of a software package and doesn’t work with non DJI products.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803