DJI Smart Controller......New Firmware Again...V01.00.0880

Repaid1

Reactions

Release notes:

Fixes crashing issues and improves App stability
Add Local Data Mode.

Installing now...Stand by this thread for any issues :p

Doing a OTA Again...Oh Lord help me ;)

So far main download to SC went without a hitch...
Install:

16% stuck for 4 min (ish) again :)
straight to 98% delay there for about 2 minutes

Reboot to installing system update...several times (3?)

All done no issues, nothing noted that changed App Wise...might have missed it though.
Fly App 1.2.2
Go4 4.3.38

Last edited:
Which drone (might want to add it to your sig)?
Are you using the phone/app as controller...or the SC...or both?
Just want to make sure since I'm not so sure DJI tests the combinations.

Release notes:

Fixes crashing issues and improves App stability
Add Local Data Mode.

Installing now...Stand by this thread for any issues :p

Doing a OTA Again...Oh Lord help me ;)

So far main download to SC went without a hitch...
Install:

16% stuck for 4 min (ish) again :)
straight to 98% delay there for about 2 minutes

Reboot to installing system update...several times (3?)

All done no issues, nothing noted that changed App Wise...might have missed it though.
Fly App 1.2.2
Go4 4.3.38
New MA2 Owner here: Do you need to have the drone powered and connected to do this update?

Last edited:
Reactions: Charchar
Which drone (might want to add it to your sig)?
Are you using the phone/app as controller...or the SC...or both?
Just want to make sure since I'm not so sure DJI tests the combinations.
If you notice my Avatar shows my main Aircraft, which BTW is irreverent to this thread :p And this is the Smart Controller thread, so this post is for SC users. Thus not sure what the other stuff you said applies?

Reactions: Leckhart
If you notice my Avatar shows my main Aircraft, which BTW is irreverent to this thread :p And this is the Smart Controller thread, so this post is for SC users. Thus not sure what the other stuff you said applies?
Thx for the education. The OTA Update went pretty much as you described.

Updating today.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
If you notice my Avatar shows my main Aircraft, which BTW is irreverent to this thread [emoji14] And this is the Smart Controller thread, so this post is for SC users. Thus not sure what the other stuff you said applies?
I have to admit, with the way this site's app displays, I wasn't sure either what the firmware update applied to.

Adding SC to the title and in the post itself to provide quick context would have helped a lot.

I get it though. You're so hard mentally focused on a topic that it's an assumption on your part in your mind, then you comment about it and everyone is like "what are you talking about"? Then you realize they weren't part of your mental conversation.
Happens to me with commercials. I'm still pondering about the first, then start talking about it 2 commercials later.

How long did you allow it at 16% before you considered it a fail?
Or did it actually quit on its own or produced an error?
it came up with a ’failed to update’ flag, and prompted me to retry. This entailed it starting the download all over again, and I lost the will to live at that point!

Updated via Assistant 2 for Mavic. Relatively slow d/l service so my expectations were low. Total time 1 hour 45 minutes. Also 'seemed' to hang at 16% but I use computer's Activity Monitor to notice that data was still being accessed, so I ignored the delay/hang. Download took about 50 minutes, Installing took another 30, and the Update the remainder. Note that the Smart Controller 'restarted/rebooted' twice during update and a third time after 100% was achieved. Near the end of "installing" SC screen went blank, but started up again when Update step started. So a blank screen doesn't necessarily mean the unit turned off.

I have to admit, with the way this site's app displays, I wasn't sure either what the firmware update applied to.

Adding SC to the title and in the post itself to provide quick context would have helped a lot.

I get it though. You're so hard mentally focused on a topic that it's an assumption on your part in your mind, then you comment about it and everyone is like "what are you talking about"? Then you realize they weren't part of your mental conversation.
Happens to me with commercials. I'm still pondering about the first, then start talking about it 2 commercials later.
Updated title...I'm a computer user, so I never cater to phone users...my bust...I'll try harder :)

On some other posts on time, I must have got while the gett'in was good. My download was less than a minute and total install time was easily less than 10 minutes. For those with error, insure you have the blank space that is recommended when you start. :)

Last edited:
Had the Fly app crater on me while in flight this morning (MA2). Managed to restart Fly & recover the aircraft. So, the update is timely. So far the install is proceeding as expected - currently in the midst of the multiple reboots.

Last weeks on via OTA no problem.
This weeks has failed 4 times OTA and 3 times with assistant like some others have.
Usually its failing on 16%.
They really dont seem to be able to make the SC update process in any way consistent.

Successful OTA update. Download slow (maybe 25 minutes for 1.6GB), update for about 2 or 3 minutes stuck at 16%, then about a minute at 98%. Afterwards everything straight forward, I would say about 45 minutes all in all.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlaut