DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Smart Controller question

FJORDS

Reactions
Hi, I use a DJI Smart Controller and Mavic 2 Pro.
Very often, I am alone on my trips. I would like to ski down from a mountain (not too steep) with my drone in Active Track, following me while skiing down the hill.
Then I need to put my DJI Smart Controller in my rucksack while skiing down. I have done it before, just testing it. It worked partially, but I experienced that the drone stopped filming once.
When I did it, I unscrewed the joysticks from the controller.

So my question is; Is it possible to have the DJI Controller in a mode so the touchscreen cannot be accidently "touched" by the movements inside the rucksack to cause the drone to do unwanted things?

i think you would have to construct some sort of wooden hard cover to fit over the controller or you could try a harness that keeps it against your chest

Reactions: FJORDS
I agree with the old man. My first thought was a lanyard of some sort. They make quite a few for cameras. I used to ski with a DSLR regularly.

Reactions: FJORDS
Thanks, both of you. Yes that is what I plan to do, to put it in a GoPro Case and the joysticks unscrewed.

Hi, I put my SC in my rucksack while riding my bike and when checked it 20 minutes later it was overheating, the fan was in turbo mode so keep that in mind.

Reactions: I was up above it
Thank you for great info, Royston! I have not thought about that, I will try to keep it in my rucksack for short periods only.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61