DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Smart Controller:

Reactions
Hi from Dorset in the UK. Long time cameraman from Australia, adding some experience in drone flying. I am a new Mavic 2 pilot, using a smart controller. Setting up to shoot a simple car travel shot using 'Active Track'. I draw the normal box around the car and hit Go. The wanted set up (camera gimbal) suddenly moves to a different set up. Can someone please help me with what's going wrong in my settings.

Last edited:
Sorry I don’t have one so no help there but sure someone
will tell you.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Reactions: Thomas B
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Can you post a photo or video? I have the same setup and haven't experienced that issue.

Thanks for the welcome Aerial - Pixel.
No, I don’t have pics or video at present. All I do know, it was a real pain in the *** framing up the shot only to find the camera shifting position after drawing the box. I had to reset the shot start position with the box already drawn around the car, which worked okay. I’m actually wondering if I need to do some sort of calibration on the gimbal for the SC, as the camera goes off the set up to the same position every time. The normal smart controller that came with the Mavic 2 doesn’t have this issue.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamoke