DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Smart Controller

Been able to sync DJI Smart Controller with Mavic Air 2?

• Yes

• No

• Not compatible

Results are only viewable after voting.
I believe DJI said that the Mavic Air 2 would be compatible with the DJI Smart Controller about 2 weeks after they launched it. Has anybody been able to sync up the two yet?
The 2 week timeframe was only a rough estimate, and in this case very rough. Unless I missed it, no firmware updates have yet been released to allow anyone to use the SC with the MA2. So the answer is no.

Reactions: dawgpilot
The firmware update for the SC should be coming out sooner rather than later. I saw this article on DroneDJ about a firmware update for the MAvic 2 line which increases the range to be the same as the MA2. So if Mavic 2's and MA2 are on the same Ocusync version, then a SC update to Ocusync 2.0 can't be far behind.

The firmware update for the SC should be coming out sooner rather than later. I saw this article on DroneDJ about a firmware update for the MAvic 2 line which increases the range to be the same as the MA2. So if Mavic 2's and MA2 are on the same Ocusync version, then a SC update to Ocusync 2.0 can't be far behind.

The Smart Controller has always had Ocusync 2.0.

Reactions: THE CYBORG
I believe DJI said that the Mavic Air 2 would be compatible with the DJI Smart Controller about 2 weeks after they launched it. Has anybody been able to sync up the two yet?
Well I’m on my third replacement from DJI so let’s hope they sort the drone out and it overheating and more before they make comparable wirh smart controller. DJI and many companies seem to just not care about quality control anymore rushing products out prematurely leaving us to beta test them. Really frustrating! I’m on my second Mavic mini replacement and second Phantom 4 Pro too. Pretty unbelievable actually.

Well I’m on my third replacement from DJI so let’s hope they sort the drone out and it overheating and more before they make comparable wirh smart controller. DJI and many companies seem to just not care about quality control anymore rushing products out prematurely leaving us to beta test them. Really frustrating! I’m on my second Mavic mini replacement and second Phantom 4 Pro too. Pretty unbelievable actually.
You been walking under ladders & letting black cats cross your path? You’re some unlucky individual!

Reactions: OldBlueHeron
Seems like you might learn to fly drone before you worry about the smart controller...It amazes me how it is always the drones fault....With everyone being pro pilots and all..

Seems like you might learn to fly drone before you worry about the smart controller...It amazes me how it is always the drones fault....With everyone being pro pilots and all..
I hope that’s not directed at me as if my two Mavic Air 2’s were my doing with not working the way they should. I fly drone commercially for a living with my 107....maybe u directing that to original poster who knows. Smart controller rocks that’s why. If you owned one maybe you would understand. It’s such a lore pleasant flying experience smokes a lame mobile phone display.

I hope that’s not directed at me as if my two Mavic Air 2’s were my doing with not working the way they should. I fly drone commercially for a living with my 107....maybe u directing that to original poster who knows. Smart controller rocks that’s why. If you owned one maybe you would understand. It’s such a lore pleasant flying experience smokes a lame mobile phone display.
I do have a smart controller that I fly my Mavic 2 pro with. Just seems that there a lot of people having issues with the Air 2. As far as your special 107 reference my 75 year old dad passed the 107 and has never flown a drone in his life...As a commercial drone pilot you would think you wouldn't crash so much...The Mini caused you to crash, The Mavic Air 2 caused you to crash and what did you say a phantom pro too ( means also ) or did you mean a Phantom 4 Pro v2.0 caused you to crash? I would find a better way to make a living. And Yes, I was talking to you.

Not s
I do have a smart controller that I fly my Mavic 2 pro with. Just seems that there a lot of people having issues with the Air 2. As far as your special 107 reference my 75 year old dad passed the 107 and has never flown a drone in his life...As a commercial drone pilot you would think you wouldn't crash so much...The Mini caused you to crash, The Mavic Air 2 caused you to crash and what did you say a phantom pro too ( means also ) or did you mean a Phantom 4 Pro v2.0 caused you to crash? I would find a better way to make a living. And Yes, I was talking to you.
lol great people are nuts negative on here too? Guess nature of beast with being online comes with the territory. Nope none of my drones crashed you obviously read wrong somewhere because furthest thing from accurate. Overheating issues with MA2 and Mini has motor error which is common if you own one or on YouTube at all. But preach on if makes you happy. Aloha

If you are having that many problems with so many products lines, it seems the only constant is the pilot.

I have had a P3S, P3A, P4P, Spark, OG Air, and the Air 2 with no issue. So maybe you just have really bad luck, and I have had exceptional luck?

Being able to pass a reasonably simple FAA test does not makes you an experienced drone pilot that rules out pilot error for so many bad drones. Ask all the NASCAR mechanics that repair motors or transmissions from drivers that blow the engine or clutch following a pace car out of pit row....

If you are having that many problems with so many products lines, it seems the only constant is the pilot.

I have had a P3S, P3A, P4P, Spark, OG Air, and the Air 2 with no issue. So maybe you just have really bad luck, and I have had exceptional luck?
Not really. It's called DJI quality control and the constant being DJI. Check how many people having issues with their DJI products. I had at least 30 people chime in and comment in comments about their Mavic Air 2 issues friends in Hawaii having same overheating issues forcing them to return home. One guy said his drone melted a bit it go so hot. DJI f'd up with this drone for many believe me with loads of issues to still sort out. I had one not hovering the correct way lurching all over the place and that's not safe and have video to show it....I sent it to the DJI engineers and they hopefully reviewed it and looked into it. They just replaced my Fly More Combo for that one. This is not pilot error and DJI is the one the focus should be on or else all going to have more unpleasant experiences with their products in my opinion at least. They slacking BIG time lately and many see it. It's like what they are saying with the new Canon R5 mirrorless 8K camera that just came out....it's overheating too and many talking about it. Canon getting major heat for messing up like that...pun intended. It's sloppy.

Fun to discuss and all good I have zero to prove....I just wish DJI would be more reliable and have better customer support like an Apple did or something. One can hope. ??

Being able to pass a reasonably simple FAA test does not makes you an experienced drone pilot that rules out pilot error for so many bad drones. Ask all the NASCAR mechanics that repair motors or transmissions from drivers that blow the engine or clutch following a pace car out of pit row....
Yup 107 doesn't guarantee a great drone pilot no argument there. For myself I am an experienced drone pilot. I live in Hawai'i normally on the North Shore of O'ahu for the past 10 years and have been flying for the last 3 years plus over BIG 50 foot surf and gnarly conditions and hurricane swells I know how to handle my drone you have no choice with Hawaiian mana/energy. Thankfully I had some of the best drone pilots on the planet who shoot for Surfer magazine and more show me how to fly well and efficiently and just hammer through the settings...they are some of the best in the biz it was awesome to see them jam their inspires and Phantoms around the airspace in paradise. I just took 107 to make more money which I do thankfully because of it....just wrapped a $5k gig last weekend shooting for the college I went to photography for....so yup came around FULL circle for that one super grateful. Again nothing to prove....only to myself. I don't do NASCAR it's BORING. lol I did road race Ducati's for years though. I prefer two wheels. :)

Reactions: Strunk44
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato