DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Support response and a warning to anyone who wants a DJI product.

MavicProUser

Reactions
What you think of the response that took over a week, I will never buy a DJI product again as they will never admit its their fault when the product fails. Full transcript and logs available for anyone and will be posted soon if required, but waiting for their response first after another few days
To be honest, I did not see it do a flyaway as some have, too busy with the reconnect on the remote and waiting for it to come back, searched all night till it went dark and 4hrs the following day, simply not within 150m radius of where Find my drone said it should have been.

"Thanks for your patience.
For your claimed case CAS-??????-W?????, we have already finished the analysis, and the result is as follows:

1. The aircraft worked at GPS mode and responded to RC command well;

2. t=2:28, h=102 m, d=106 m, the aircraft flew forward after the pilot pushed pitch stick forward. The record ended suddenly.

With the record ended without any sign of abnormality, we could not verify what happened afterwards.

We truly appreciate your support for DJI, and especially applied for a 30% off coupon for aircraft without charger and remote:"

Absolutely disgraceful support.
Comments please.

What you think of the response that took over a week, I will never buy a DJI product again as they will never admit its their fault when the product fails. Full transcript and logs available for anyone and will be posted soon if required, but waiting for their response first after another few days
To be honest, I did not see it do a flyaway as some have, too busy with the reconnect on the remote and waiting for it to come back, searched all night till it went dark and 4hrs the following day, simply not within 150m radius of where Find my drone said it should have been.

For your claimed case CAS-??????-W?????, we have already finished the analysis, and the result is as follows:

2. t=2:28, h=102 m, d=106 m, the aircraft flew forward after the pilot pushed pitch stick forward. The record ended suddenly.

With the record ended without any sign of abnormality, we could not verify what happened afterwards.

We truly appreciate your support for DJI, and especially applied for a 30% off coupon for aircraft without charger and remote:"

Comments please.
Yep their customer service is pitiful. The mavic will probably be my first and last DJI product. Sorry about your loss.

Why do you think it's their fault? No indication posted that it was.
Your absolutely correct, but as there is no indication it's mine either and no explanation from Dji that's it's my fault, I can only assume it's a faulty product they will not admit to. I except no responsibility for my actions, and they do not seem to want to either.

Let me guess, you weren't recording either? You could post your logs here and someone will most likely look at them but you probably don't want to know the answer. BTW, you still never said what happened, other than how you feel about customer service.

Let me guess, you weren't recording either? You could post your logs here and someone will most likely look at them but you probably don't want to know the answer. BTW, you still never said what happened, other than how you feel about customer service.

Many thanks for yor reply, what I posted was their response. Now if you read the first post before you shoot your gun, everything was recorded and sent to Dji, they have no answer to it disappearing, and seem to want to deny a product may or may not be faulty, constructive comments please.

Comments please.
Hi mate! I am a Newbie Mavic Pilot and just wanted to say sorry about your dilemma, must be frustrating ! I have attached a Trackr device onto my Mavic and it works brilliantly! Check them out you might want one for your next drone

Many thanks for yor reply, what I posted was their response. Now if you read the first post before you shoot your gun, everything was recorded and sent to Dji, they have no answer to it disappearing, and seem to want to deny a product may or may not be faulty, constructive comments please.

As DJI has stated, there is no indication that the Mavic was defective or faulty. I'm not sure what else you are looking for.

Yeah, you gave us incomplete information. Just their reply. Based on that, DJI did nothing wrong. They investigated, found no irregularity, but still gave you a discount for another drone.

Reactions: Lailert
I except no responsibility for my actions, and they do not seem to want to either.

So help us understand exactly what happened...

All you've said so far is that you were looking at the remote not the aircraft due to a 'reconnect' and you didn't see what happened, but you still want DJI to accept 100% of the liability...

The logs you've sent in cut off abruptly with no sign of problems up to that point according to DJI.

So what is the rest of the story?

If there was a complete disconnect then the 'find my drone' location is where it last had contact, not where it actually landed/crashed, but without more details it is going to be hard to help or suggest anything useful to be honest...

I have had a problem lost almost all connection to the mavic about 2.5 miles away 4,1 km

Lost gps constitution and got stuck in atti mode so no head speed no position and no video feed all i had sowing on the controller was distance
So I navigate it only on that back to me little over a mile then it went back to gps and all lights up again

It was stressful but be come and think on your feet that what pilots do

Don't panic and start doing stupid things that pilot error

You had yours 100 meters 335ft from you

c3eebd15d6c6e0e9e55170ddf9eafe5f.png
31d3bb184d09f2e79d654517eb6bb604.png
d9ae32da949e1a64681715e134fee812.png

Reactions: coop64 and Lailert
Can you believe that I did a google search for "Alternatives to the Mavic Pro" and by-golly there were tons of other companies that make drones too.. WOW!

Last edited:
Keep the MP in line of sight and you won't have this problem. I hear a lot of stories about people losing their Mavic and it's over 2 miles away. There is no way that is flying within the rules of line of sight. I have been flying for several months and have lost connection several times but I was always able to see my Mavic until I gained control. Just because the MP can fly 4 miles away doesn't mean you should do it.

Keep the MP in line of sight and you won't have this problem. I hear a lot of stories about people losing their Mavic and it's over 2 miles away. There is no way that is flying within the rules of line of sight. I have been flying for several months and have lost connection several times but I was always able to see my Mavic until I gained control. Just because the MP can fly 4 miles away doesn't mean you should do it.
This is the most reasonable comment I've seen.
Just because it can, doesn't mean you should.
This goes for flying your Mavic several miles from the controller to riding your sportbike motorcycle at 175mph to driving your Nissan Skyline GTR at 150mph.

I have had a problem lost almost all connection to the mavic about 2.5 miles away 4,1 km

Lost gps constitution and got stuck in atti mode so no head speed no position and no video feed
Were u doing a distance test?
And i wonder why did u lose your gps if u flew outdoor

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121