DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Thermal Analysis Tool... Mac Alternatives?

GrowingPlanetMedia

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
www.growingplanetmedia.com
I am exploring alternatives to the Win-based DJI Thermal Analysis Tool for a Mac. I know I can run Windows in a VM, but am looking for a Mac-native solution. Are there any viable, usable options?

Relatedly, I have the same question for mapping solutions, replacements for the DJI Terra software.

Thanks!

For mapping/photogrammetry, you could use DroneDeploy or MapsMadeEasy for cloud based solutions. OpenDroneMap is a possible mac based solution, but I haven't used it. I'm mac based myself.

As far as thermal, would be interested in any mac based solutions for DJI or FLIR tools, since I'm not aware of any.

Last edited:
Reactions: GrowingPlanetMedia
For mapping/photogrammetry, you could use DroneDeploy or MapsMadeEasy for cloud based solutions. OpenDroneMap is a possible mac based solution, but I haven't used it. I'm based myself.

As far as thermal, would be interested in any mac based solutions for DJI or FLIR tools, since I'm not aware of any.
Thanks for the reply. I will post here if I find anything.

Jeff, not wanting to tell you how to do it, rather my own experience. I found Parallels to mostly suck. It ends up a bit on the expensive side after you got everything you really needed installed. Then it has issues accessing this accessing that and so on. Ultimately the cheaper option was buy a cheap laptop of Craigslist and use it exclusively for those apps that only work on a windoz system. I found a really nice extremely thin ASUS for $50, needed a new battery. That only ran $40 on Amazon. I use it to set up my avionics on my regular aircraft. The Garmin G1000 Nxi will only talk windoz or terminal. So all my software updates, database updates and system re-configuring are done with the cheap little laptop and now the Thermal Analysis Tool.

Jeff, not wanting to tell you how to do it, rather my own experience. I found Parallels to mostly suck. It ends up a bit on the expensive side after you got everything you really needed installed. Then it has issues accessing this accessing that and so on. Ultimately the cheaper option was buy a cheap laptop of Craigslist and use it exclusively for those apps that only work on a windoz system. I found a really nice extremely thin ASUS for $50, needed a new battery. That only ran $40 on Amazon. I use it to set up my avionics on my regular aircraft. The Garmin G1000 Nxi will only talk windoz or terminal. So all my software updates, database updates and system re-configuring are done with the cheap little laptop and now the Thermal Analysis Tool.
LOL... that is my standing Option B... Thanks for the reply!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom