DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Unveils New Drone Identification And Tracking Technology

Just one more thing to be disabled and removed. Chicom oversight and tracking is Doubleplus Ungood.

Reactions: Hotelone
Just one more thing to be disabled and removed. Chicom oversight and tracking is Doubleplus Ungood.

Don’t understand why you see this is a negative? Unless you fly in restricted zones without authorisation?

It’s recreational pilots that fly in restricted zones that will only make flying a drone for personal use harder and harder.

If tracking acts as a deterrent then that’s fine by me

Reactions: htommy
Don’t understand why you see this is a negative? Unless you fly in restricted zones without authorisation?
Because DJI's firmware, particularly their NFZ nonsense, is all screwed up. Have you read any of the numerous reports of DJI drones being grounded in a NFZ for an airport that closed years ago, or just have bad coordinates in the database prohibiting flight, or simple dumb shapes that greatly exceed actual NFZ boundaries? Funny how Yuneeq, GoPro and other drone manufacturers don't do this to their customers. (Yeah, I wouldn't buy their products either, but that's not the point.)

Plus, the press release talks about monitoring the drones - do you want the Chinese communists having access to that for all DJI products? The USA military stopped acquision of DJI drones specifically because of the spyware they were building in.

"AeroScope uses the existing communications link between a drone and its remote controller to broadcast identification information such as a registration or serial number, as well as basic telemetry, including location, altitude, speed and direction. Police, security agencies, aviation authorities and other authorized parties can use an AeroScope receiver to monitor, analyze and act on that information."

In a while, I'm going to inspect my Dad's roof. He lives about a half-mile from LAX. I need to fly about 30 feet above the grass. The Chinese communists say I can't inspect my Dad's roof. Poo on them; my Dad's more important to me than they are.

Nobody appointed the Chicoms the USA Drone Police and they can shove their totalitarian ambitions. Let them keep tyrannizing their own people; let's see how that works out longterm.

IMHO /rant off

Last edited:
simple dumb shapes that greatly exceed actual NFZ boundaries

THIS ^

Couldn't agree more!

There's a load of stadiums near me and DJI just drop a pin on the map with a stupid (massive!) circle radius for miles all around it!

Unlike NATS who actually draw a (correct) polygon shape around the actual restriction and don't just do a blanket five mile wide stupid bloody circle!!!

Reactions: PT_Mavic

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada