DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji unwanted advertisements

Brad de Leon

Reactions
So I am finding DJI ads embedded in my picture files (gallery) on android repeatedly.
I erase them and the next time I open my gallery there is another waiting for me. It's really pissing me off. Is dji really intruding like this? How do I shut this down? Really offensive.

Never heard of this before, can't find any mention of it, and doesn't happen on iOS. Possibly coming from a 3rd party app? Should be able to test that out pretty quick!

Agreed, really offensive they force advertisements upon their hapless customers.
I find any form of advertising offensive particularly when i pay big money for a product. Heck, I don't even own a tv because i hate advertising that much. I purchase apps to avoid advertising in my phone. I was the same as you, kept deleting unwanted images and they keep reappearing. After DJI's constant tampering/breaking the Go4 app I decided I had enough and purchased Litchi for my iPad mini4. No more ads and no more putting up with DJ I' shenanigans.
BTW Litchi works better on the ipad than any Android device for me.

It's Android's Media Scanner finding the pictures in DJI's data folder. They keep coming back because DJI downloads them again every time you start the app with an internet connection.

There is a solution, however. You simply need to mark that directory to be ignored by the media scanner. Go to the directory where the picture(s) are (find out from picture properties in the Gallery), and create an empty file named ".nomedia". The media scanner skips any directory with a file with this name in it.

Usually the advertising splash screen images end up in the Android gallery.
There is no place for adverisments in my equipment!
Doesn't seem to happen with the ipad but I dont think i have ever opened the ipad gallery... only use the ipad to fly.

Are they separate advertisements or watermarks in your photo's?

It's Android's Media Scanner finding the pictures in DJI's data folder. They keep coming back because DJI downloads them again every time you start the app with an internet connection.

There is a solution, however. You simply need to mark that directory to be ignored by the media scanner. Go to the directory where the picture(s) are (find out from picture properties in the Gallery), and create an empty file named ".nomedia". The media scanner skips any directory with a file with this name in it.

Excellent and very knowledgeable.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair