DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI User Guide is Missing A Lot

J-Dub

Reactions
This thread may go nowhere, but. After flying a few times with my new MP I've realized there is a lot of important info that is Not in the Manual, as far as I can tell. For instance, Updating all of the Batteries after a Firmware update on the aircraft. And simple things like sliding the antennas together rather than snapping one down on top of the other. As well as, How to Change Video and Photo Settings: I found out by accidently touching the icon just below the Record button (and a great youtube video...) If DJI would simply add more details in the guide it just might prevent some avoidable pilot errors.

This thread may go nowhere, but. After flying a few times with my new MP I've realized there is a lot of important info that is Not in the Manual, as far as I can tell. For instance, Updating all of the Batteries after a Firmware update on the aircraft. And simple things like sliding the antennas together rather than snapping one down on top of the other. As well as, How to Change Video and Photo Settings: I found out by accidently touching the icon just below the Record button (and a great youtube video...) If DJI would simply add more details in the guide it just might prevent some avoidable pilot errors.
I agree, but I think their intent, and the past shows this, is to have the software be "living" - always growing and changing. As such, anything software based is likely to not be fully covered in any manual. Just too much work for them to keep it up - especially given the multitude of languages they utilize. I wouldn't expect any improvements. I've been seeing a trend toward less documentation of the past two decades by a myriad of companies and I think that will continue.

Reactions: sonof40 and J-Dub
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada