DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI verified account.

MavicKhan

Reactions
To unlock certain types of restricted areas in DJI's GEO ZONE functionality one needs to have a verified account.

How do we know if we have a verified account with them?

I logged in to my account and there was no mention about it being or not being a verified one.

Thanks for any input.

MK

I think it just means that you have a DJI account - there is no such thing as an unverified account as far as I'm aware.
An authorized DJI account is an e-mail address linked to something 'physical' to verify the user's identity.

From DJI's GEO website:
Unlocking an Authorization Zone requires a DJI user account verified with a credit card, debit card, or mobile phone number. A verified account is required only if attempting to fly in an Authorization Zone.

Reactions: Thomas B
An authorized DJI account is an e-mail address linked to something 'physical' to verify the user's identity.

From DJI's GEO website:
Unlocking an Authorization Zone requires a DJI user account verified with a credit card, debit card, or mobile phone number. A verified account is required only if attempting to fly in an Authorization Zone.

Yes...but I don't have a credit card on file with them. I've always paid via PayPal.

I went to "Payment" in my account and tried to file my credit card but the page states "Payment
Note: New payment methods can only be added during checkout due to verification requirements."

I think I will contact them about this and report back.

From DJI's GEO website:

So there are unverified accounts. Good to know.

Reactions: Thomas B
Ok...Here it goes.

Instead of contacting them I just went ahead and requested a pre-planed unlock for a authorization-required zone (...as if I was planning a mission for that zone without internet connection on location...)

The procedure is outlined here:

and this is the page I accessed (Tab "Self Unlock")

If one has a credit card on file with them the verification can be made either with it or via SMS to phone, as shown in the video.

If one does not have the credit card on file (...my case...), only the SMS option will appear.

I went ahead and requested an unlock for a specific zone in my country and, sure enough, the process went through using my phone.

All I remain to figure out is: When the process was finished, the site informed that I would able to see the authorization in the app (GoFly4) and, until now I have not been able to locate it.

MK

EDIT: Ok, also figured this last part:

GoFly app ---> Bottom bar "Me" ---> Vertical Menu "More" ---> "My Unlock NFZ Application" (requires a separate login)

The standing authorizations are listed there

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mavic 3 classic User