DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI VERIFIED ACCOUNT.

Sitka78

Reactions
When in a no fly zone, how does one obtain permission as a hobbist to fly in the no fly zone? I live on an island in SE Alaska, and there is no manned control tower. I used to fly my P3S anywhere but with the mavic 2, I get the message "CANNOT FLY".

Class E shows a blue area around the airport and the town as well.

Based on your username, I'm assuming you live near Sitka, AK. If so, it looks like most of your island is covered by the restricted zone in DJI's new GEO 2.0 system. If so, as the image below shows, you'll need to either email DJI ([email protected]) or use their Online Unlocking page. DJI - CUSTOM UNLOCKING

Sitka.png

Class E shows a blue area around the airport and the town as well.

For what it's worth, when I was in that type of zone, because I was connected to the internet, it allowed me to clear it immediately through the app. If that's not the case with you, please disregard and follow the other guys suggestions.

Based on your username, I'm assuming you live near Sitka, AK. If so, it looks like most of your island is covered by the restricted zone in DJI's new GEO 2.0 system. If so, as the image below shows, you'll need to either email DJI ([email protected]) or use their Online Unlocking page. DJI - CUSTOM UNLOCKING

View attachment 53825
Thank you, I had alot of trouble getting it done but was finally successful.. Thanks for your help.
For what it's worth, when I was in that type of zone, because I was connected to the internet, it allowed me to clear it immediately through the app. If that's not the case with you, please disregard and follow the other guys suggestions.
Thanks Lon, I finally went online and had success.

Thank you, I had alot of trouble getting it done but was finally successful.. Thanks for your help.

Thanks Lon, I finally went online and had success.

AWESOME!!! Post some shots because it must be amazing there!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost