DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI wil not take responsibility for shipping (WARRANTY)

Matija

Reactions
Hi,
I got reply from DJI (service request) that I should pay for shipping from Norway to Netherlands via DHL or similar company even though it's a warranty claim. They didn't provide UPS ticket, and shipping in one direction costs over 100 euros. It is regular jello/jitter problem with my Mavic.

What is this all about?!?!

Same thread on the DJI Mavic board. Looking for answers or just venting?

Well sure, why not? Two different forums, is there something wrong with that?

Reactions: Rbruz
This is impossible! I deny to believe in this degree of ignorance!Uten navn.png Uten navn2.png Uten navn3.png Uten navn4.png Uten navn5.png Uten navn6.png Uten navn7.png

Yes. I have all of the documents, invoice, receipt, I am supposed to send those with the aircraft. If I ever get proper answer from DJI on this matter.

I know Norway isn't a full EU member but has a special agreement with the EU So this may apply.

"Under EU Law within the legal guarantee period of two years, defective products must be repaired or replaced without any cost to the consumer. This includes shipping costs. So, in principle, the seller should cover all shipping costs (your sending the faulty item to the seller; the trader's returning the repaired item to you).

However, the trader may wish to examine the item to check whether it was defective when you bought it. In this case, you may have to pay to return the item and ask to be refunded the shipping costs if the trader agrees that it was defective."

Further information Guarantees: repairs, replacements, refunds

Guarantees: repairs, replacements, refunds

You are entitled to a FREE repair if the item is defective.

Thank you so much, I will keep you updated. Even though I love the concept of the Mavic, all of the horror stories regarding support and production flaws including mine make me regret this purchase badly. Since the day it arrived I have a sore taste in my mouth, and it's only getting worse. Just a few days ago I found out I am not entitled to DJI care either, being in Norway. However, Swedes being just 80 km away from me are fully entitled. Am I supposed to fake my address? No I am not doing this, at this point I would just like to get it fixed and sell it. With presumption it doesn't come back with yet another, different flaw.

Reactions: D700
Hi,
I got reply from DJI (service request) that I should pay for shipping from Norway to Netherlands via DHL or similar company even though it's a warranty claim. They didn't provide UPS ticket, and shipping in one direction costs over 100 euros. It is regular jello/jitter problem with my Mavic.

What is this all about?!?!
Did you buy the Mavic Pro from a DJI authorised reseller/retail store located in Norway? If so, DJI will have to bear all the costs (warranty claim) including shipping.

No, it is bought on eBay, from authorized seller. I don't think that has anything to do with it, as DJI didn't even ask where it's bought. They will check that when (if) I send Mavic, I am supposed to send the invoice and receipt with it for warranty assessment.

845b1cef1d7af40003e0a5f05ad670fb.jpg

I had to battle hard. Don't give up.

Did you put support via the EU help address ?

When I sent my phantom for repair they arranged UPS to pick up etc.
No charge to me.

Went from Spain to Holland and back in less than 2 weeks.

I contacted both EU support, and Netherlands. No, they will not pick it up in Norway. Additionaly, guy in the chat says there is no UPS in Oslo, then he says there is but not in my area (which is Oslo), then he says i should wait for answer through eMail.

It always amazes me that DJI can be so good in one area and so absolutely bad in another. They could freaking hold onto the market for eternity if they offered good support. Instead they leave the door wide open for another player to come in with a product that is just as good and has proper customer support. Even though I have never had a problem or a crash with mine I have to admit that every time I read one of these posts I keep wondering how long it will be before I am on the other side of the keyboard trying to explain how I am getting reamed by DJI.

To the OP I wish you the best of luck. This madness of poor support is sucking some of the joy out of flying the Mavic, it just weighs heavily on my mind each time I fire up the props.

Rob

This guy's video freaked me out yesterday. He ordered 3 pcs, all of which had a flaw.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent