DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI won't launch in LAANC approved zones

Fort Pierce Pilot

Turning downwind and climbing
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Two airports and three 50 - 100ft zones around them. LAANC approved the flight but both DJI Mavic Pro Platinum and DJI Mavic Mini come up with "Restricted Area" and won't take off even though I loaded a 2 day approval for that airport in the drones. Other areas further out work fine. Next drone will be Autel. I need to be able to fly in these areas once approved. These areas are clearly available in ALOFT and LAANC approves them in seconds.

You should be able to request an unlock code via text message.
You can also use an app like Litchi.
Just to be clear, the geofencing is via the app and not on the drone? You can bypass it by not using the DJI fly app? If that's true, that's really good news.

Reactions: LoudThunder
Just to be clear, the geofencing is via the app and not on the drone? You can bypass it by not using the DJI fly app? If that's true, that's really good news.
Interesting.... watching this. Autel has been in my sights just because of DJI's overbearing restrictions/errors in geofencing etc even when following the rules. (For commercial pilots this can be devastating showing up to a new job site and not be able to fly.

GEO Fencing is on the drone, not the app. Using a different app to fly it won't bypass the restriction. I fly w/ Litchi in a 0 grid/Restricted Zone. I still have to unlock the drone.

Technically, the lock DJI applies is in the controller, not the drone. Also, apps like DroneDeploy and Litchi cannot bypass this lock. You need to go through the DJI Fly “Unlock Geo Zone” process, then use the app of your choice.
This week I was burned on a job site with a written COA and DJI thought they should be overreaching the FAA once again. Autel, here is the chink in the armor. Fix your support issues to sell more drones.

Reactions: LoudThunder and JTZ
@Frank Dracman ,what always amuses me is the number of people who come on the forum ,because they have purchased a DJI drone ,and then proceed to complain about this that and the other ,its quite simple really ,if you dont like the product ,go and buy a comparable product, from somewhere else
trouble is thats the issue

Unfortunately there are enough dji fanboys to ignore issues and still go buy the next model.
dji is good hardware and terrible software.
Don’t care for it go with another drone 🤷‍♂️
Nothing but negative comments aren’t going to get it here.
I would walk away 🤨

@Frank Dracman ,what always amuses me is the number of people who come on the forum ,because they have purchased a DJI drone ,and then proceed to complain about this that and the other ,its quite simple really ,if you dont like the product ,go and buy a comparable product, from somewhere else
trouble is thats the issue
You aren't wrong, but right now, overall, DJI is the best drone for the money, and it's not even close. So complaining is all we got.

You aren't wrong, but right now, overall, DJI is the best drone for the money, and it's not even close. So complaining is all we got.
It’s close enough and if complaining is all you got you’ve added nothing to this thread.

If you go the route to have DJI open the restricted area through DJI Fly Safe, be sure to load the approval onto the drone, through the app, after you get the approval email. The instructions on how to do this are in the email, and DJI has a video on line showing you how.

Some of my requests to DJI are approved immediately, others, such as altitude zones needed a copy of my FAADroneZone approval letter downloaded to them. Those took about a day to approve.

Reactions: dirkclod
Read your post on this thread and noticed your only complaining about others complaining how does that add to the thread. I thought this was an open forum?
Well since you want to call me out how bout this.
It is a private forum and and You will follow these Community Rules
Now if you don’t like it feel free to leave or message a Admin or me in a message.
Other than that I would walk on 🤨

Well since you want to call me out how bout this.
It is a private forum and and You will follow these Community Rules
Now if you don’t like it feel free to leave or message a Admin or me in a message.
Other than that I would walk on 🤨
Good idea since this site doesn't support free speech but supports dji propaganda. You deserve what dji gives you.
Go ahead and do your faithful duty comrade and remove this post.

Good idea since this site doesn't support free speech but supports dji propaganda. You deserve what dji gives you.
Go ahead and do your faithful duty comrade and remove this post.
About the First Amendment and Your "Right to Free Speech"
(

We believe in the First Amendment of the US Constitution and public freedom of speech. Meanwhile, that right does not infer that others are required to publish your speech. The MavicPilots Community is not a public resource; it is privately owned and we require members to abide by the rules and decisions of our team. If you post outside these guidelines your post may be edited or deleted - this does not violate your public right to free speech.)
Now no more if you can’t read our guidelines. 👋
Carry on guys 👍

Addressing the first post, it is aggravating when that happens. I was traveling last week and wanted a few shots while I waited for a ride. Aloft said all clear, launched the drone and it said forced landing in 90 seconds. DJI showed I was in the takeoff path for an airport. I was close to one but outside of the zone. I’m licensed and register my flights each time and was given the ok with no restrictions except from DJI. I might have been able to ask for a pass but time was short so I packed up and caught my ride. Maybe next time I’m in town I will have more time. The messing around was just drawing unwanted attention to myself where I wanted to be low key.

Interesting.... watching this. Autel has been in my sights just because of DJI's overbearing restrictions/errors in geofencing etc even when following the rules. (For commercial pilots this can be devastating showing up to a new job site and not be able to fly.
Geo fence is IN THE DRONE. DJI Flysafe.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom