DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI's Dedicated Screen

FPVJunkie

Reactions
So I was just browsing around B&H Photo today and noticed that they have the DJI Phantom 4 Pro + version now it includes the new DJI dedicated screen. It looks like it will be around $300 because the regular P4P is $1499 and the P4P+ is $1799. Hmm, or I could get a iPad Mini4 128GB for around $499. I'll probably wait and check out the reviews on it first. I like the fact that "A 5.5" 1080p screen integrated w offers 1000 cd/m² of brightness, more than twice as bright as conventional smart devices", but it's ~4" smaller than the iPad.

No release date yet though for the P4P+

So I was just browsing around B&H Photo today and noticed that they have the DJI Phantom 4 Pro + version now it includes the new DJI dedicated screen. It looks like it will be around $300 because the regular P4P is $1499 and the P4P+ is $1799. Hmm, or I could get a iPad Mini4 128GB for around $499. I'll probably wait and check out the reviews on it first. I like the fact that "A 5.5" 1080p screen integrated w offers 1000 cd/m² of brightness, more than twice as bright as conventional smart devices", but it's ~4" smaller than the iPad.

No release date yet though for the P4P+
I had to read this post twice...mainly because I have a P4P+. I can also state that the extra $300 isn't worth it. The screen is too small and the brightness truly isn't that much more noticeable than when I fly my Mavic using my iPhone 7+

oh, it just says "pre-order" on B&H website, so I didn't think the P4P+ was released yet. Good to have some feedback on the screen. Yeah, 5.5" seems pretty small.

Oh and another thought.... with the DJI screen, you won't be able to use Litchi if you wanted to try it out.

So since you have a P4P+ and you are flying with the screen, I'm assuming that you are not able to chance the RTH location since the monitor doesn't have built in GPS, seems like another disadvantage of using the DJI screen.

Oh and another thought.... with the DJI screen, you won't be able to use Litchi if you wanted to try it out.

So since you have a P4P+ and you are flying with the screen, I'm assuming that you are not able to chance the RTH location since the monitor doesn't have built in GPS, seems like another disadvantage of using the DJI screen.
That's not quite how it works...the drone itself has the GPS. The DJI screen runs a "scaled down" version of Android OS, so its basically the same as flying with a Shield or Samsung Tab. I use my iPhone as a "hot-spot".

Reactions: FPVJunkie
Oh nice, well then that's pretty cool then.

controllers offer different options look close the screen controller has hdmi and other cool stuff even a sd card slot slot

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karthikeyan103