DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI's new Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual COVID Temperature Calibration

jaja6009

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Today I read several articles on DJI having come up with a procedure to use the Mavic 2 ED to monitor people for fever. While there are articles on it none of them have a link to this new procedure. I was wondering if anyone here has a link to this new procedure.
It is basically having a cotton swab in the camera's FOV as a reference point for temp and can reduce the margin of error when scanning people. This process would be used as a screen to pick out people that would need further monitoring with an FDA approved thermometer.
A link to the news story : Case Study: Using Drones to Fight Against Covid-19 | Poladrone Official Website

Thanks

Reactions: brett8883
Today I read several articles on DJI having come up with a procedure to use the Mavic 2 ED to monitor people for fever. While there are articles on it none of them have a link to this new procedure. I was wondering if anyone here has a link to this new procedure.
It is basically having a cotton swab in the camera's FOV as a reference point for temp and can reduce the margin of error when scanning people. This process would be used as a screen to pick out people that would need further monitoring with an FDA approved thermometer.
A link to the news story : Case Study: Using Drones to Fight Against Covid-19 | Poladrone Official Website

Thanks
Interesting!

I have certification in thermography and have to read the efficacy of the human testing with the Dual with some amount of skepticism. I think it may be useful to do a general observation of a person's temperature, but I doubt it would be accurate enough to attach a medical opinion to it. I used to take thermographic images of women to do early detections for breast cancer, but your environment to do that kind of thermo scanning has to be pretty controlled. I am not sure a hovering drone could provide the accuracy that one needs, to base medical opinions on. It could serve as a general guide, but I think that's pretty much it...

Very interesting topic, I haven’t found any updates or follow-up articles since this was posted. Sounds great in theory, just wondering the practicality and feasibility.

I have found the following article regarding this topic. But I was unable to find DJI pilot app v1.7.6.
Does anyone know how to find DJI pilot app v1.7.6. ?

Attachments

• EN- DJI M2ED (Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual) Test Guideline 20200302 v2.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
I have found the following article regarding this topic. But I was unable to find DJI pilot app v1.7.6.
Does anyone know how to find DJI pilot app v1.7.6. ?
Reads like a joke! :rolleyes: Why would you need to have the aircraft flying for this purpose?
Sounds like a well contrived April Fool's joke!
Call me skeptical and cynical!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60