DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI's Position on Mandatory Federal Registration

JohnATaylor

Reactions
It's difficult to preserve the status quo when DJI is out there promoting mandatory registration.

"The FAA’s innovative approach to drone registration was very reasonable, and registration provides for accountability and education to drone pilots. I expect the legal issue that impedes this program will be addressed by cooperative work between the industry and policymakers.”

No More FAA Registration For The Recreational Drones In USA

I had assumed that DJI accepted registration as an unfortunate but necessary appeasement. However, it turns out they actively support it.

If DJI concedes that more accountability (as opposed to education and enforcement) is the answer, they're going to push the government towards point-of-sale registration - which won't be good for anyone.

As far as I've been able to determine, no one was ever held accountable using the FAA's registry. It was a waste of time and millions of dollars. It failed to do anything to address the root cause of what is in reality a very small problem.

The Taylor v. FAA case brought the hobby a fragile reprieve, but DJI seems intent on actively giving it away.

At this point, I'm not sure who is fighting to stop a registration mandate from Congress. Certainly not DJI.

This doesn't surprise me at all really. I think DJI realizes that without some form of moderation and responsibility on their part that this industry could be at risk.

Many of the things that they are doing today lean towards self moderation. In my opinion this is a proactive approach in order to keep worldwide governments out of their shorts while at the same time trying to ensure accountability and responsibility.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851