DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DLNA from Mini 3 Pro to DJI Goggles 2?

Scottalmas

Reactions
I recently picked up an Avata (and love it!!). It appears that you can stream content via DLNA to the goggles -- although I haven't gotten it to work yet as I am an iPhone user. Does anyone know if there is any way to live stream the display from the DJI RC to a DLNA device (specifically the DJI Goggles 2)? That would be awesome.

I recently picked up an Avata (and love it!!). It appears that you can stream content via DLNA to the goggles -- although I haven't gotten it to work yet as I am an iPhone user. Does anyone know if there is any way to live stream the display from the DJI RC to a DLNA device (specifically the DJI Goggles 2)? That would be awesome.
Even the $1200 RC Pro doesn’t have wireless DLNA capability. DJI has supposedly also crippled the USB C ports on the DJI RC, but the USB C charging port on the RC Pro does at least support the Movario BT-40 Smart Glasses when plugged in.

Last edited:
Unfortunately DLNA isn't Miracast so it doesn't support "live" streaming, only the "cast an existing file" type of thing.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Any so called "live" streaming also has an additional lag associated with it, so obviously not ideal for flying in tight spaces. The beauty of the Movario glasses is absolutely no additional lag. They are hardwired to the RC.

Even the $1200 RC Pro doesn’t have wireless DLNA capability. DJI has supposedly also crippled the USB C ports on the DJI RC, but the USB C charging port on the RC Pro does at least support the Movario BT-40 Smart Glasses when plugged in.
is that the bt-40s or just the bt-40 is enough to work via the usb c?

is that the bt-40s or just the bt-40 is enough to work via the usb c?
BT-40 is what I have, and it works perfectly via the USB-C port for both power and screen duplication, while not needing a visual observer, because you can still see the aircraft through the glasses.

BT-40 is what I have, and it works perfectly via the USB-C port for both power and screen duplication, while not needing a visual observer, because you can still see the aircraft through the glasses.
I am so tempted to buy the bt-40, but I’m really curious about the goggles2 if/when it becomes compatible with the mini3pro. I’m not flying yet, so my wait is acceptable. Your thoughts on the choice?

I am so tempted to buy the bt-40, but I’m really curious about the goggles2 if/when it becomes compatible with the mini3pro. I’m not flying yet, so my wait is acceptable. Your thoughts on the choice?
Still an unconfirmed rumor, but other known issues are the weight, fit, additional latency, and technical requirement of a visual observer while wearing them. Time is on your side, if the rumor becomes a fact, and the other known issues are not a problem for you. The BT-40, available with certainty now, has none of those problems.

Yes. Then i‘ll need to add ”reviews” time too. Goggle2 also had blurred edges making flight data fuzzy. DJI is too big to let such problems just lie as they’re very committed to the drone industry. Thanks.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahb