DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DLOG-M & HLG format with DLOG-M-Rec 709 LUT

MPone

Reactions
DJI DLOG-M with Rec 709 LUT
DJI HLG with Rec 709 LUT

I did two footges (one wit DLOG-M and the other HLG) and applied the same DLOG-M-to-Rec709 LUT (since there is no HLG LUT yet)
The HLG format seems to look better.

What do y'all think?

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
HLG for sure. I shoot the same picture profile on my Sony A7iii and it’s by far the best looking IMO

Reactions: MPone
Most of the people on here are hobbyists and probably don’t even understand what this thread is about. So don’t feel bad.

I've (never) shot any video before, even with my DSLR.
My new M2P might change that, so it's good to know, which settings give the best quality. Therefore I'm grateful you shot a comparison in DLOG M and HLG. HLG looks better, not only of better saturation but I seems more natural. :)

Reactions: MPone
I've (never) shot any video before, even with my DSLR.
My new M2P might change that, so it's good to know, which settings give the best quality. Therefore I'm grateful you shot a comparison in DLOG M and HLG. HLG looks better, not only of better saturation but I seems more natural. :)

I was surprised that HLG looks better and there's not much mention of it compared to DLOG-M.

Seems like more and more steps to get images out of the can, one more step you forgot, lens correction. Still there are fewer steps using .h264 and less horsepower from the computer, not to mention lens correction is already there.

How many steps AND money people are willing to take to get quality imagery that fits their needs might be a good thread as well.

Seems like more and more steps to get images out of the can, one more step you forgot, lens correction. Still there are fewer steps using .h264 and less horsepower from the computer, not to mention lens correction is already there.

How many steps AND money people are willing to take to get quality imagery that fits their needs might be a good thread as well.

The lens distortion doesn't bother me much. The world is round, the straight horizon could be a distortion of some sort. I'm trying to get the best possible imagery/video. Just wondering what settings our folks here uses.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+