DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DLOG-M Problem? Or worrying human Problem? (with little vid)

Heights of Mann

Reactions
Hi Guys and Gals
I've been Gathering footage for my first video on the Mavic 2 Pro .. I'm going with the Dlog-m so i can colour grade etc myself (have a go at it anyway) .. 1st few shoots i did gave me the expected flat colours on my video that i know will colour grade to give me the desired impact.. but my last 2 shoots were odd. I took shots of a light house and all but 1 vid looked nice and flat .. but one of them looked almost colour graded. I thought it was odd but it was just 1 vid so thought nothing of it. My last shoot i was reviewing the footage to see what to keep and noticed every video looked "too colourful" for dlog. there was 1 video that started out "flat" but half way through the video you can visibly see it change from a flat image to almost a colour graded one. I've uploaded a video to show you .. all ive done is sped up the start of the video so you can see where the sun is .. slowed itback down to where the colours seem to enhance .. and added another vid taken on the same shoot which i also think looks highly coloured for dlog. I also down scaled the quality for upload size. The shift takes place around 24 seconds in

what do you think? Am I over worrying? shift in the sun on the PL filter?
shot in 4k Full - h.265 - Dlog-m - Polarpro ND16 PL
Thanks

Last edited:
Hi Guys and Gals
I've been Gathering footage for my first video on the Mavic 2 Pro .. I'm going with the Dlog-m so i can colour grade etc myself (have a go at it anyway) .. 1st few shoots i did gave me the expected flat colours on my video that i know will colour grade to give me the desired impact.. but my last 2 shoots were odd. I took shots of a light house and all but 1 vid looked nice and flat .. but one of them looked almost colour graded. I thought it was odd but it was just 1 vid so thought nothing of it. My last shoot i was reviewing the footage to see what to keep and noticed every video looked "too colourful" for dlog. there was 1 video that started out "flat" but half way through the video you can visibly see it change from a flat image to almost a colour graded one. I've uploaded a video to show you .. all ive done is sped up the start of the video so you can see where the sun is .. slowed itback down to where the colours seem to enhance .. and added another vid taken on the same shoot which i also think looks highly coloured for dlog. I also down scaled the quality for upload size. The shift takes place around 24 seconds in

https://vimeo.com/user96992655/review/328308373/0957c47b00

what do you think? Am I over worrying? shift in the sun on the PL filter?
shot in 4k Full - h.265 - Dlog-m - Polarpro ND16 PL
Thanks
Link appears wrong "can't find video"

Same, can't find the video.
Some observations though, you generally never ever want to use a polarised filter when doing video. Every time the sun angle changes the water, sky appearance and exposure are going to change dramatically even over a few degrees which can cause big shifts in colour and brightness.
Something else with h265/dlog as well - it wont work in certain intelligent modes like quick shot and iirc active track where it'll revert back to normal

Reactions: rhberg
sorry all.. I've never used that site before turns out its useless. I've just made a youtube channel and uploaded to that .. which the link is now edited into my main post.

gnirt-s that i didn't know! that would explain the lighthouse shoot i did .. all the footage i took was flown manually besides that 1 clip that looked graded .. i shot that with a quick shot.

But the above shots in the video were shot manually and they look too coloured to me.. plus the shift in colours around the 24 second mark. Maybe the filter is the culprit? have a look see what you think.

Good to know about the quick shots reverting to normal tho. Thanks again

Reactions: mereflyer
sorry all.. I've never used that site before turns out its useless. I've just made a youtube channel and uploaded to that .. which the link is now edited into my main post.

gnirt-s that i didn't know! that would explain the lighthouse shoot i did .. all the footage i took was flown manually besides that 1 clip that looked graded .. i shot that with a quick shot.

But the above shots in the video were shot manually and they look too coloured to me.. plus the shift in colours around the 24 second mark. Maybe the filter is the culprit? have a look see what you think.

Good to know about the quick shots reverting to normal tho. Thanks again
Your orientation to the sun changed almost 180 degrees so polarizer is not ideal here. When polariser is oriented correctly saturation of certain colors increase. For that shot ND would be better. Thumbs up on the QuickShots. Was your white balance auto or manual? I've seen AWB cause color shifting, but not saturation increase.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent