DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DNG files sometimes not getting written to SD card

cw2323

Reactions
sorry if this is a repeat, but I've searched for this and didn't find anything that covers this circumstance.

I've noticed while shooting in AEB (5 shots) on my Mavic Pro, I don't always get all the dng files written onto the memory card. But the jpg files are available through the DJI app.

So I get some RAW files but not all I expect, and while shooting I allow the files to get written before executing another photo or video command.

anyone else have this? this doesn't seem to be an issue when shooting single RAW image.

this weekend I'll try some shots, but first I'm considering formatting the card, then setting image settings to RAW+JPG, then going out to do some shots. I'll post an update after.

I appreciate any tips on this.

Reactions: Gindra
I would try the reformat. You can also have the images save to your phone or tablet, a setting in the GO4 app. Keep us posted.

I would try the reformat. You can also have the images save to your phone or tablet, a setting in the GO4 app. Keep us posted.
Saving to app real time would only be a low resolution snapshot taken from your FPV camera feed. Similar to video cache.
The good stuff would be on the SD card onboard the AC or the AC's internal storage if that was selected.

I didn't format the card, but setting to RAW+JPEG worked. I'm going to continue to monitor this and report any observations. I was considering switching back to RAW only, but after thinking about it, except for maybe a little delay in writing to the card, I don't see the harm in RAW + JPEG.

At this point I'm not shooting a ton of stills per flight, and if that changes I can always go to DNG only. Now I can verify all files are there, and either keep the JPEG as cheap insurance, or delete them altogether once I verify I have the DNG.

In the DJI Go4 app, is there a way to have RAW files transmitted to the phone/device?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent