DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DNG Image Resolution

blackbirdsr72

Reactions
Hello pilots!
I took some RAW images with my Air 2S for the first time today and when I off-loaded the files from the memory card to my PC, the resolution shows 960 X 640. The camera ratio settings were at 3:2, J+RAW.
What am I doing wrong?

Hello pilots!
I took some RAW images with my Air 2S for the first time today and when I off-loaded the files from the memory card to my PC, the resolution shows 960 X 640. The camera ratio settings were at 3:2, J+RAW.
What am I doing wrong?
Need to open file with software specifically designed for viewing DNGs like Photoshop or Lightroom.

Reactions: blackbirdsr72
Hello pilots!
What am I doing wrong?
What you are seeing is the 960x640 thumbnail jpg that's inside each dng file.
Unless you use software that can read the dng format, that's all you'll see.

The properties of the files showed that resolution. Editing them in On1 Photo Raw gave the actual resolution.

I was not viewing those images, the properties showed that resolution with correct file space for a raw image. On1 Photo Raw showed the correct resolution afterward.

Hello pilots!
What am I doing wrong?
Download the free Adobe DNG converter for your PC or Mac

Type into the Google search this terminology
Adobe DNG Converter download

It converts camera specfic DNG files to more useful RAW files. See screen grab
View attachment 133791
It’s the other way around. It converts camera specific raw files like .cr2 or .ARW to DNG. DJI drones already capture DNG as their native raw format so I don’t think the converter will actually do anything.

With Lightroom (LrC, you can convert DNG to JPG

It’s the other way around. It converts camera specific raw files like .cr2 or .ARW to DNG. DJI drones already capture DNG as their native raw format so I don’t think the converter will actually do anything.
I stand corrected!

Reactions: Brian I
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929