DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do big phones fit in the controller? (S21 Ultra)

Hambert

Reactions
Hi all!!

Currently I'm using an S8 and never had a problem, but the phone seems to fit just right on the holder.

Is there any problem with bigger phones? I'm planning on getting a Galaxy S21 Ultra and it would be a disaster for me if it doesn't fit the controller.

Thanks!

i Assume DJI quote a maximum size for it but you can always buy an aftermarket holder for your bigger phone ...

Hi all!!

Currently I'm using an S8 and never had a problem, but the phone seems to fit just right on the holder.

Is there any problem with bigger phones? I'm planning on getting a Galaxy S21 Ultra and it would be a disaster for me if it doesn't fit the controller.

Thanks!
i can fit any size phone or tablet in my lifthor baldor mount .... :p

Reactions: Volatus Drones
Thanks guys, but the idea for me is not to buy any adapter or holder, I live in argentina and everything here is either too expensive or hard to import/find (not a big market for drones)

I don't think you will have any problems fitting the S21...... Its big but not excessively wide. Maybe if you had a very bulky case would it be a problem

Thanks guys, but the idea for me is not to buy any adapter or holder, I live in argentina and everything here is either too expensive or hard to import/find (not a big market for drones)

Not sure how to get these in Argentina, but this type of design works quite well

Not quite the same BUT I have a Galaxy Note 10+ and a Galaxy Note 20 Ultra that each fit in the MM controller without a case. It is really tight and I've thought about taking a grinding tool to the hole where the cable connector pushes through to make it easier but it does work. If you have store nearby, I've heard they can be hard to find or get in to sometimes down there, you could maybe bring your controller in to see if the phone fits

How much can you get for the S8? If it isn't a lot, maybe keep the S8 just for the drone. That is what I did. I like to keep a cover on my working phone for protection. The phone with the cover never fit well in the controller so I would have to remove the cover every time I used it with the drone. I found it convenient to have the old phone dedicated to my drone.

Reactions: RMS001
Hi all!!

Yes it will fit i currently fly with a note 20 ultra and an S21 Ultra the S21 has the brightest screen I have used so far for flying

You have to buy an adapter for that. My to go place for such thing is Aliexpress... each to their own.

I may thank you all for the help and the posts! Seems like we got kind of a mixed set of opinions, but I guess that it will fit without an adaptor (using no case) based on the most precise comments above.

In the end I might go with the normal S21, I'll see in the next days as I prepare to do the buy. Anyway I feel like we gathered a good amount of info in this post for others to use!

Thank you all!

Reactions: m80116
I have an S9+... I believe this to be the size limit for an adaptor... it becomes uncomfortable when the brackets are spread too much apart.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242