DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do clouds affect occusync transmission?

amstar

Reactions

Usually 8kms is easy but I’ve have consistently seen transmission issues in foggy conditions.

Reactions: Racin8de
i would imagine that the water droplets in the cloud would affect the signal the same way as trees with leaves do in the summer they scatter the signal because of the water in the leaves

Reactions: brett8883
Dunno but impressed by your battery time and mileage, is that a stock battery ?

Usually 8kms is easy but I’ve have consistently seen transmission issues in foggy conditions.

Yes. Occusync is just radio waves and radio waves are a form of light. Fog/clouds is just micro water droplets. Water can reflect, absorb, and refract radio signals.

Actually sometimes you can get additional range by bouncing the signal off the clouds. Clouds and fog are the same meteorological phenomenon.

Reactions: Simmo
Average speed of 50km/hr and 35% remaining battery- interesting.
Yes. Occusync is just radio waves and radio waves are a form of light. Fog/clouds is just micro water droplets. Water can reflect, absorb, and refract radio signals.

Actually sometimes you can get additional range by bouncing the signal off the clouds. Clouds and fog are the same meteorological phenomenon.
Actually radio waves just aren't a form of light. Light and radio waves are both just part of the electromagnet spectrum.

It just isn't possible to bounce microwaves (2,4 nd 5ghz are in that band) off clouds or fog. Microwave is limited to point to point line of signs transmission. Both clouds and fog are demonstrated to degrade microwave communications.

No Tropospheric ducting of my Mavic controller tx signal?...
Darn.....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll