DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do i have Gimbal jump ?

ninja_geezer

Reactions
I saw what i believe to be whats become known as gimbal jump yesterday ,i was in normal mode i stopped mid flight for a split second and then stick forward and there was a horrid drop in the gimbal ,a very fast glitch as i called it ,ive read a lot and it seems this has been a DJI issue for some years now ,i also read that it only seems to happen if you have the allow upward gimbal motion on ,not sure if this is correct,ive seen a lot of complaints from mini users to the mavic pro users,is there any way to stop this ruining a lovely smooth shot.

Was your gimbal pointed upward past 0 degrees before it happened? If so the gimbal probably ran out of space to tilt upward when the drone tilted down to go forward.

Was your gimbal pointed upward past 0 degrees before it happened? If so the gimbal probably ran out of space to tilt upward when the drone tilted down to go forward.
no i had made sure ,i went out today and can replicate tit every time, esp in sport mode ,if you hover with the gimbal level then go forward it always tips down on its own i think its meant to ,i tried several times also in normal mode if its very windy like it was today 19 gusting 30mph ,had the wind warning several times..if you lower the gimabl very slightly then move off in sport it never moves.after speaking to someone i am now lead to believe this is normal behavior.

Seeing the drone correcting itself in gusty winds, I'm surprised that the gimbal is as smooth as it is. Watching the gimbal correcting itself horizontally in gusty air when I hand catch fascinates and amazes me.

Reactions: nencmeister
Happens to me as well rarely and I really don't mind it. Yeah it's been an issue but I've had nothing but good luck (FOR NOW) haha

Happens to me as well rarely and I really don't mind it. Yeah it's been an issue but I've had nothing but good luck (FOR NOW) haha

Hello ! Has the gimbal jumped on you since then? I have the same problem flight, at sudden stops, but inconstant, only on certain flights.

It is a lot to ask for the gimbal to compensate 100% for a full-brake at high speed. Watch the drone when you tell it to stop - see the massive angle and hear motor speeds increase.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS