DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do I Need a 64 - 128 ND Filter For My Air 2s?

Martin9597

Reactions
I've begun to realize that the #32 ND filter that comes with the Air 2s Fly More package is not cutting down enough light in the bright California landscape. I'm still having to set shutter speed at 120-160+. Lately I've just resorted to setting Auto Shutter speed. Does anyone have experience with the DJI 64-512 filters? Thanks

ND64 can be useful for video with very bright light / reflections, eg sunny day and pure white beach sand, or snow.
It’s very rare though to need it for the typical 180o frame rate / shutter speed ratio for motion blur.

You should not need anything more, unless using for very slow shutter photography like water smoothing of waterfalls, tidal movement, cloud movement, or perhaps daylight traffic blur / night time car taillight streaking for example.

An ND64 is taking away (I think?) around 98.4% of light coming into the lens.

Reactions: Martin9597
I've begun to realize that the #32 ND filter that comes with the Air 2s Fly More package is not cutting down enough light in the bright California landscape. I'm still having to set shutter speed at 120-160+. Lately I've just resorted to setting Auto Shutter speed. Does anyone have experience with the DJI 64-512 filters? Thanks
With all the light the 1” sensor lets in, the ND 32 isn’t nearly enough in bright sunlight. I actually use the ND 32 that came with the FMC for sunrise and sunsets. I have a DJI Air 2S ND Filter Set (ND64, ND128, ND256, ND512) coming from B&H. I’ll let you know how they perform in bright sunlight. I should have them tomorrow 5/17…..: )

Reactions: Martin9597
With all the light the 1” sensor lets in, the ND 32 isn’t nearly enough in bright sunlight. I actually use the ND 32 that came with the FMC for sunrise and sunsets. I have a DJI Air 2S ND Filter Set (ND64, ND128, ND256, ND512) coming from B&H. I’ll let you know how they perform in bright sunlight. I should have them tomorrow 5/17…..: )
Anything to report on the nd512? (slightly more transparent than cardboard?)

Calculation to install the correct filter
Example in automatic correct exposure 1/1600th
Speed 25 fps shetter 1/50th the shot is overexposed.
It is necessary to divide the speed 1/1600 by the shetter 1/50em one obtains
1600 / 50 = 32 so an ND filter 32 is installed for an exposure
Right.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929