DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do I need a new License if I sold my drone and brought a new one?

Jblah

Reactions
So I've decided to upgrade from the Mavic Air to Mavic Air 2 and sold my old drone. I read online that as a recreational flyer I'm able to utilize the same license with the new drone. However, on the FAA's website, my registration was tied to the SN# of the Mavic Air drone.

Does anyone know if I have to pay again to get another license? If I do not, is it a problem if I do not update the registration? Does not look like there is a way for me to update the Drone information on the FAAdronezone website.

So I've decided to upgrade from the Mavic Air to Mavic Air 2 and sold my old drone. I read online that as a recreational flyer I'm able to utilize the same license with the new drone. However, on the FAA's website, my registration was tied to the SN# of the Mavic Air drone.

Does anyone know if I have to pay again to get another license? If I do not, is it a problem if I do not update the registration? Does not look like there is a way for me to update the Drone information on the FAAdronezone website.

You should be able to use the old license just fine on your new drone if its for recreational use.

Last edited:
If you gave the FAA serial number details of your drone, you accidentally registered under Part 107 (commercial use) rather than for recreational use.
It's recreational registration that applies to as many drones as you own.
Commercial registration is tied to one drone only.

If you gave the FAA serial number details of your drone, you accidentally registered under Part 107 (commercial use) rather than for recreational use.
It's recreational registration that applies to as many drones as you own.
Commercial registration is tied to one drone only.
Oh. Oops. I guess i need to re register. thats $5 more for uncle sam. Thank you. I was wondering why the part 107 dashboard kept coming up.

Last edited:

NO - not in UK but I think you are USA and so have no idea!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580