DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do I need a SD card for my Smart Controller?

ColoradoSwede

Reactions
When I ordered my Mavic 2 Pro I got the Smart Controller too. It suggested I get only one SD card, which I first put into the Smart Controller...but later realized it must be for the drone (Is that correct?).
Do I need a SD card for the Smart Controller too? Nothing in the info stated a reason or need for a SD card in each appliance. If someone could please explain this to me and what’s I should do about it.

When I ordered my Mavic 2 Pro I got the Smart Controller too. It suggested I get only one SD card, which I first put into the Smart Controller...but later realized it must be for the drone (Is that correct?).
Do I need a SD card for the Smart Controller too? Nothing in the info stated a reason or need for a SD card in each appliance. If someone could please explain this to me and what’s I should do about it.

I actually believe the SD card slot on the controller is so you can take out your SD card from the drone and put it in the SC to review full res video and photos. I think it can also be used as extra storage but it can’t conspicuously be used to cache video from the drone.

I’m not 100% but but I believe this is correct can anybody confirm?

Reactions: ColoradoSwede
With the latest updates for the smart controller you are able to save your cached photos and videos straight onto the SDCard in the controller. Keep in mind the cached videos from the Controller are only 1080p.

I stand corrected!

So @ColoradoSwede you don’t have to have one but you can use it to cache low quality video files. Honestly I don’t see much advantage to doing that. I’d much rather take the SC card out of the drone and put it in that slot to view the high quality video.

Reactions: ColoradoSwede
You can also use the sd-card in the SC for storing other files - like some video tutorials you download from Youtube. The pdf manuals for the drone and controller. Map jpg images and even music if you want to amuse yourself while flying. You can also download files from the drone to the sd-card in the SC for backup purposes.

Is it too late to say Credit Card? :confused:

i have added the sd card to both my air2s and my smartcontroller. the unit uses djifly software. how do i get both to record at same time. it still only records to the drone. but the smart controller recognizes the internal sd card.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3