DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do most people own multiple drones?

Kevinb888

Reactions
Hello,
I'm brand new here. My Mavic is my 1st drone. Do most of you own more than 1 drone?
I was thinking about getting a low end drone to play around a little more aggressivly with.

Thanks
Kevin

Reactions: butterflyslicer
I have a Mavic, a Yuneec Typhoon H and a couple of cheap small drones

5 total, ranging from a DSLR carrying octocopter, to a tiny little Hubsan.

Of them all, the Mavic is my favorite to fly, most capable and go-to for many of my commercial jobs.

Buttttt... there is something to your idea of having a small, manually controlled drone to play and practice with, because when experimenting and pushing the envelope, crashing will hurt a lot less with a $50 quad than a $1000 one.

I fly my Mavic very conservatively.

Started out with toy quads then moved to racers. Ive always done photography so when the MP came out it peaked my interest in a photo drone.

I think the toy drone route is the best way to satisfy the urge to fly more aggressively. Unless you're willing to risk your $1000 bird...

My first drone is my 3dr Solo. I really like that drone but it's so **** bulky that I've only been using the Mavic.

Im a new pilot have a nice Mavic pro setup IPad mini 4 Celluar, four batteries, lots of extras and a nice hard case. I should be happy yet I find myself eyeing a Spark fly more package to play around the yard and become a more skilled pilot.

Fact is the Mavic being a $1000 drone and a fool can see the gimbal isn't going to take much punishment which makes me pretty nervous flying it near anything. I normally go straight up high, then out and about looking around and then straight down to land.

Everytime I start to pull the trigger on a Spark I start thinking maybe buy a Phantom 3 advanced or Pro for around the same money.

Reactions: charliesRig
This is actually interesting post because I started off way long ago in photography and I have pursued that for a long time and then just out of nowhere I started getting into the little toy helicopter things and all the variables of that so when I finally saw that they put together flying cameras it was just natural for me to go and step up to get a real drone and the only real choice that I saw at that point was the mavic pro! And it is the most incredible machine that I can see so far

I have a racing drone, a couple of cheap drones a Phantom 3 standard and a Mavic. I fly the Mavic the most.

Started with "drones" back in the 80s with the RAAF and been involved in hobby UAVs at school for over 10 years now, but the growth of multirotor technology over the last 5 years has been amazing
i started out with a 350QX and that got me hooked on the multirotors. From there went on to numerous home builds based mainly around a naza and then the A2. My flagship was a TBS Disco with the endurance kit. This thing is a huge quad (around the 750mm i think) and i was so impressed with its 20min flight time. from there got into a few of the early racers with the gemini leading my fleet there, and started playing with some of the cheaper flight controllers. Stayed with home builds during the up until the phantom 3. Then moved to an Inspire and fell in love. Another inspire later and then saw news of the Mavic. I remember saying to one of my students that I saw no worth in the Mavic. Then when i bought one on launch day (yes Im a sucker, and my students constantly remind me of this) i fell in love again. I have flown the Yuneec craft a Solo and some other knock offs, but at this stage, DJI have it all wrapped up in quality, off the shelf Drones.

I started with a 3DR Solo, got a second Solo due to fear of not having parts in the future. Then I got the Mavic in May and never looked back. Seriously, it is the only thing I fly now. Not to say, that some day I hope to get into the Inspire class.

yeah, mavic is the last bought, because i wasn't sure if i'm getting this because i wanted or i liked
I tried the 1st one, the white blue box (not mine)
then the other 3
and finally Mavic
View attachment 18599

.wait A minute...... I didn't know we were show and tell........ I'lll have to show My toy's

9,and 7 of them are racing drones, so the MP is a refreshing,and relaxing change of pace!

Hey thanks everybody for responding!
Glad to see I'm not crazy! I'll find myself a lil cheap one to be play with. I think it may be fun to build my own one day.
;)

I probably have more than what's healthy for me and I just ordered a Walkera Rodeo 150 two days ago. I'm a bit of an addict.

Hello,
I'm brand new here. My Mavic is my 1st drone. Do most of you own more than 1 drone?
I was thinking about getting a low end drone to play around a little more aggressivly with.

Thanks
Kevin

If the Mavic is your first drone and you've never flown any other RC aircraft, I recommend you go to Aliexpress and order the JJRC H36 ASAP and fly it indoors to get used to orientation of flying, banking, and just maneuvering in general. You won't regret having spent the $18 to include 2 extra batteries.

PM me if you want my drone buying guides. I'll send you the PDF.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent