DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do Not Rely Upon The DJI Fly-Safe Maps ...

Jam0ne

Reactions

Is DJI's Fly-Safe Really Safe??​

Canada

UK

Do Not Rely Upon The DJI Fly-Safe Maps

The most frustrating has been where DJI has placed restrictions in areas where there were no restrictions. I have had the DJI-Fly App* ask me to confirm that I was flying in a restricted zone and accept responsibility for my flight and then repeatedly bring up the same question and require a response several times in the same flight.

*recently experienced this also on DJI-Fly.

Last edited:

Is DJI's Fly-Safe Really Safe??​

Canada

UK

Do Not Rely Upon The DJI Fly-Safe Maps

The most frustrating has been where DJI has placed restrictions in areas where there were no restrictions. I have had the DJI-Fly App* ask me to confirm that I was flying in a restricted zone and accept responsibility for my flight and then repeatedly bring up the same question and require a response several times in the same flight.

*recently experienced this also on DJI-Fly.
Many, many posts about DJI's GEOFENCING, which is more restrictive than apps where it states it's fine to fly with no issues.

Few of us understand the "WHY" DJI does this, but is a current fact of life when flying a DJI drone.

I've only had a couple of occasions in over a year and a half of flying the Mini and Air2 that required me to "accept responsibility" on the FlyApp. Once was in Jackson Hole flying relatively close to the Jackson Airport - which was very understandable. I simply clicked on the accept and was off flying since I did have a cell connection and logged into my DJI account to accept the authorization and be able to fly. The being signed into your DJI Account is what gets many from the posts I've seen on the subject. Whether that be getting a LAANC authorization from another app / etc and then plugging that code into the FlyApp request - not being signed in is the cause about 99% of the time. Don't assume you're ever logged in to the DJI account and flying in space that requires authorization or even DJI's restrictive geofencing.

Many little quirks to the drone flying game. Sometimes we learn the easy way, sometimes the hard way.

Reactions: Jam0ne
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll