DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do "stealth" props make any difference?

NonoT

Reactions
I've been recently reading some companies sell "stealth" propellers which "improve performance and are more quiet". Do these really make any difference? I mean, are they much more quieter or there is no difference?

In my personal experience no. But being bright orange it makes the thing a little easier to see sometimes!
Yeah thats an advantage. Thanks for your reply.

Depends on the drone. I have some Master Air Screw props on my Air, and they’re not much quieter - but the pitch is a lot lower, so they’re not as annoying.

They are not ”much“ more quieter. As others have said it’s about the change in pitch/tone. The lower tone they make, helps make the sound blend into background noises. Whereas the high pitch noise of the original props stands out more. That’s why I like the stealth. But don’t expect a ”stealth“ prop to make your drone fly around with a whisper.

I own the SPARK & the ENTERPRISE DUAL, I haven’t actually switched from one set of props to another on any single drone, however I have noticed from flying the Spark to the Enterprise that using their prospective OEM props that the Enterprise is considerably quieter than the Spark. More specifically, the Enterprise has less of a “buzzing” noise, the Spark sounds more like a swarm of bees ?.

Reactions: MKurr and NonoT
They are not ”much“ more quieter. As others have said it’s about the change in pitch/tone. The lower tone they make, helps make the sound blend into background noises. Whereas the high pitch noise of the original props stands out more. That’s why I like the stealth. But don’t expect a ”stealth“ prop to make your drone fly around with a whisper.
Thats what i probably meant, i dont want them to be "silent", but sometimes my mini and M2P are really annoying. Thanks for your reply.

Reactions: Tiny and MKurr
I definitely noticed the pro platinum props were quieter on my pro, so ‘stealth wise’ the DJI brand was ok. But also seems quieter because of deeper pitch. On the other hand, I do get far more high wind warnings and camera jiggle on acceleration. I haven’t messed with power % etc though. All in all I like them to keep the bee-swarm noise down. Whilst I know this isn’t the make/model you’re talking about, just mentioned as changing props is sorta like changing tyre size on a car: many other things can be affected if you get too radical.

Last edited:
Reactions: NonoT
I definitely noticed the pro platinum props were quieter on my pro, so ‘stealth wise’ the DJI brand was ok. But also seems quieter because of deeper pitch.
I first switched my M2P stock props to the Master Airscrew Stealth props, and like many others, found the lower pitch to be more pleasing to my ears. Not quieter, perhaps, but less of an audible annoyance.

I then switched my MP’s stock props to the DJI 8331 Low-Noise props, and heard the same low-pitched affect.

So to answer the OP’s question, I feel there’s a difference, but I’m not sure I can describe them as quieter.

Reactions: NonoT and Davros007
I've been recently reading some companies sell "stealth" propellers which "improve performance and are more quiet". Do these really make any difference? I mean, are they much more quieter or there is no difference?
Im not trying to disparage any products im just speaking from experience. Ive bought a couple sets of master airscrew stealth props and i will continue to keep some onhand strictly for the colors. I believe saying they help the drone react and fly better is an overstatement. Do they lower noise? They definitley cause a pitch change. Howwver after putting a few months of flying i believe they are weaker and more fragile due to the effort to lower weight and i would prefer they were same density and weight as dji props. The dji props are just more sturdy and thats not
speculation. but other than that i dont have issues with them and its even possible that the props giving up before the motor does in the event they hit anything is a good thing
on the flip side i bought a set of three blade carbon fiber props and wouldnt even put them on the bird they were incredible stiff and i believe props have give for a reason or they wouldnt make them how they do.

-------------------
My experience with MAS Stealth props is not different than the OEM: more or less the same noise and performance. Well, I choose bright blue color, looks good and is more easy to spot in the air.

Reactions: rx7ward and NonoT
I just purchased a MAS Stealth set for my M2P. There is a difference in the tone (lower pitch sound) vs. OEM (DJI) Props. Nothing to brag or write home about...but noticeable enough to a certain degree. The option to select different colors is a plus... It’s always good to have a spare set of props in the case. A buy from MAS will not break the bank. Workmanship and quality are very good for the value...

Reactions: NonoT
Just installed the Air Screw props on my Mavic 2 Pro today. Wow! Subjectively 65% reduction in perceived noise. There was such a difference that I ordered another set as a spare. Very high quality design, production, and packaging. Well worth it!

Reactions: eduardoduquegt
They are far more fragile than the OEM props, and catch more easily with their sharper edges. In a minor collision, they will shatter, unlike the OEM props, making a crash more likely, and recovery less likely. Otherwise, they are a nice upgrade for quieter flight, and supposedly also add a minute of flight time. I'm still undecided if they are worth the risks. Both times I have crashed, I was using the Air Screw props! Probably just serendipity, but it gives me pause, since I have only flown with them 6 times, and have hundreds of flights on the OEM props with no crashes!

Based on the movie Blue Thunder I believe they do...?

I run MAS on my M2Z and find the difference to be noticiable, enough to warrant at least a try. I can't say that they are more or less fragile, but note that they have a more flexible composition than stock by a slight bit. Personally on first flight I noted sound difference but as others have stated hard to say if that equates to less dB (Quieter) but I would say yes. I tested a hover to 125' overhead and the M2Z virtually disappeared (Stealthed :p) into general ambient sounds, one would have to be hard pressed to note it at above that height as with some other aircraft, and with the zoom capability of my aircraft (And now the MA2) it serves my function to avoid detection of the local "Gun Aficionados" Which is always a plus.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I have flown my Mavic approximately 50ft above and 25ft away from groups and observed nobody looking up or noticing the small drone. I am suspecting that wind direction away from the group of people below may play a part? Hovering rather than moving the drone around the group. The color grey that the Mavic is painted also - disappears into the background. I notice that in NYC almost all speed cameras are painted very similar to the color of the stock Mavic Mini. And they are equally as hard to spot.

My device information :
Mavic 2 pro
Master airscrew prop(white and cyan)

---------------
On my experience, Master airscrew's prop is silent than genuine DJI.

DJI have large loud woo woo woo- Humming and sharpness windy sound.
Master airscrew product is buu- buu- buu low tone sound and quite than DJI.

many people didn't catch that the drone was nearby, and they usually say that it was very quiet, didn't know.

Important things : However, it is important to note that these are somewhat different depending on the environment.

environment to the hot summer and early autumn and stable wind, give me generally very quiet and more less noise.
So, most people did not recognize drones.

But when the cold temperatures and strong winds in winter, it was rather noisy compared to the original DJI Propeller.

As a result, I carry DJI Props and Master Props, and use them according to the season or environmental conditions.

I like the master air props and the way they sound. I have a blue set on my m2z and when I am flying at 289 feet you can not see the props, just the drone.

I like the master air props and the way they sound. I have a blue set on my m2z and when I am flying at 289 feet you can not see the props, just the drone.
Finally someone has the "blue" ones..... lol

Reactions: detectorguy

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54