DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do the FPV goggles work with the Mavic 3?

What do I need for the FPV goggles to work...
Just so we are on the same page ...

We are speaking of these goggles, the DJI FPV Goggles V2 ?

1643306547522.png

If so ... they only connects to below 3 components

The 2 different video units used in FPV acro or racing quads:

Are your intention to strap either of them to your Mavic 3 !?!

1643306651430.png

The goggles works also with this:

1643306746441.png

The Goggles have HDMI input over USB-C so if you have a possibility to take out the ordinary Mavic 3 camera view through HDMI you might get some crappy 720P picture up in the goggles ... but all will be a messy patch work. Furthermore nothing regarding telemetry shown in the DJI FLY app will be in the goggles neither will any soft buttons or controls.

Are you prepared to shell out over $500 to test?

If you want a FPV goggle view for your Mavic 3 today the MagiMask is your best bet --> MagiMask Drone Headset

Not sure if M3 has goggles compatibility at all.
Nothing much after the M1 and M2 saw the original goggles (white or RE edition) used in the same way, though I connect my Spark with cable / hdmi adapter and get great vision.
Both the original white googgles and RE Goggles are now obsolete, but some come up for sale here and other places sometimes.
Probably need a bit more research before laying out the $.

Perhaps that is one of the most annoying things about DJI. So few of their expensive peripherals are cross compatible. Different FPV goggles for different models, or no FPV model goggles for some drones. Smart Controllers? What a confusing and expensive mess. They even make a different controller for non-DJI FPV drones that I don't believe you can use on their drone models (correct me if I'm wrong).

HOWEVER, they did make their standard controller the identical controller for their cheapest drone to their most expensive on in their folding drone lineup. They made sure to make THAT cross compatible. I would call that "declining value" if you ask me. When purchasing the Air2s vs the M3, you pay an extra $1200 for the M3 body alone... More money than the basic Air2s kit! and $1000 more than the M2P's basic kit that comes with a much better featured controller!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Kilrah
Yup. You have to buy the DJI FPV drone (or other DJI drone made to work with them) if you want those to work. The M3 cannot use those goggles. I have an DJI FPV and love using those goggles. I almost did not get an M3 when I realized they didn't work with it. That feature, along with the inability to set waypoints are, for me, two of the biggest disappointments. Not the only two but the two that gave me the greatest pause in whether I'd get an M3 (I did and am glad I got it).

Reactions: mrgadway
Short & simple ... no.

If you want to use them you buy a DJI AIR unit or CaddX Vista equipped FPV quad or the DJI FPV drone.
I understand they work by the HDMI from the DJI RC PRO. I remember reading a user that report that works.

The Goggles have HDMI input over USB-C
They do not.
It is technically possible to feed some input to them since DJI do it with their phone simulator app but there's no way for you and me to do it with random things.
They do have an analog input so technically you can use an HDMI to composite converter, but then you're looking at SD quality video on a huge screen.

For HDMI in you'd need the old DJI Goggles...

They do not.
It is technically possible to feed some input to them since DJI do it with their phone simulator app but there's no way for you and me to do it with random things.
They do have an analog input so technically you can use an HDMI to composite converter, but then you're looking at SD quality video on a huge screen.

For HDMI in you'd need the old DJI Goggles...
Yeah ... I might have expressed it in an unclear way, but this is what I meant by saying "a messy patch work".

I found this video that will make the mini 2 work with DJI goggles, and I thought as they use the same app maybe it will work with the Mavic 3

Last edited:
I found this video that will make the mini 2 work with DJI goggles, and I thought as they use the same app maybe it will work with the Mavic 3

The main difference between those White ones & the DJI FPV V2 ones, is that the white ones might make it worth the patch work with adapters & dongles as they have a user interface adapted to camera drone functionality, making you perhaps able to adjust certain thing's directly from the touch pad on the outer side of the goggles ... the FPV V2's doesn't have any of that.

I've tested these white ones on my older Mavic Air 1 ... no actual patch work needed there besides that you connect the goggles with the usb cable that usually connects your phone device to the RC. Basic functionality was there in the goggles to adjust some settings also found in the DJI GO4 app but the setup had a major disadvantage ... you needed to start the flight through the phone & GO4 app & then disconnect the phone & hook up the goggles instead, without this procedure the drone behaved as I was flying without a running app, meaning forced height & distance limitations. The view in the goggles wasn't outstanding either ... so even though I had the possibility to buy my friends white ones cheap I jumped the offer.

Later I purchased a moviemask box goggle to put my phone into ... live view really good, & as I look at the phone with GO4 running all telemetry is there as usual of course ... but I can't adjust anything that can not be controlled directly from buttons on the RC (which the MA1 have some actually) ... and this for a fraction of the price of a second hand white DJI goggles.

Now a days when I want to use goggles I fly with my quads ... the photo drone is handled from a Samsung tab ...

Last edited:
is that the white ones might make it worth the patch work with adapters & dongles as they have a user interface adapted to camera drone functionality, making you perhaps able to adjust certain thing's directly from the touch pad on the outer side of the goggles
The UI only works with the drones that are supported natively and wirelessly, not when inputting HDMI.

Reactions: slup
The UI only works with the drones that are supported natively and wirelessly, not when inputting HDMI.
Yeah ... suspected that, that's why I put in a lots of "might" & perhaps" 😁

Good that you clarified ... Box goggles is the only thing that value vs. cost can be justified for the latest DJI photo drone models.

There is one product that may be an intermediate solution for FPV for your Mavic three. MagiMask seems to work differently than all the other goggles as it somehow works with your phone, but unlike VR goggles. I haven't tried it but it looks very interesting. Your phone has to meet the size specifications but believe you can use it with whatever drone you have. I've messed with VR goggles with my Mavic 2 Pro, but it requires Litchi or DroneVR or similar program, not available yet for the Mini 2 or M3 or others that aren't compatible with these apps.

Magimask Link

...MagiMask seems to work differently than all the other goggles as it somehow works with your phone, but unlike VR goggles
The difference is that Magimask/MovieMask uses a single lens ... it's 2 but put together into one. In that way it only enlarges the phone screen & help your eyes to focus on that short distances, no special app or app version like the one in the Litchi app is needed.

Here a photo into my MovieMask showing the DJI GO4 app ...

1643387883088.png

The difference is that Magimask/MovieMask uses a single lens ... it's 2 but put together into one. In that way it only enlarges the phone screen & help your eyes to focus on that short distances, no special app or app version like the one in the Litchi app is needed.

Here a photo into my MovieMask showing the DJI GO4 app ...

View attachment 142840
Moviemask is the same As Magimask with a different brand name???

Moviemask is the same As Magimask with a different brand name???
The company is MovieMask & nowadays they sell a product called MagiMask ... when I bough mine like a bit over a year ago their product was called as the company ... MovieMask.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+