DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do you fly with Controller or iphone / iPad controls

Reactions
I’m new to flying and so far using my iphone attached to the main controller but thinking of going to use my iPad Pro. What are do you all use ??

Question is not clear. Most fly with RC. if you use your phone/tablet as controller, you are flying WiFi with very limited range. if you are talking about the device attached to RC for viewing what camera sees, then that varies a lot. So what is your real question...

And if you are talking about flying an Air, you need to be more clear in you question.

Question is not clear. Most fly with RC. if you use your phone/tablet as controller, you are flying WiFi with very limited range. if you are talking about the device attached to RC for viewing what camera sees, then that varies a lot. So what is your real question...

And if you are talking about flying an Air, you need to be more clear in you question.

Was wondering how it would fly without the RC and just using my ipad, thanks for the answers it sounds like I’d lose distance. Just wondered how it handles by actually flying thru the iphone or ipad compared to using the remote controls. Thanks for all the answers

100% RC only - physical controls beat virtual controls every time and range/signal quality matters.

Using a mobile device, no matter how large, is painfully-awkward for the controls. I will only use the RC unless there are extraneous circumstances preventing it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000