DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do you give your FAA information to Helipads/Airports?

Naxe600

Reactions
Hey guys, new mavic pilot here. So far I've only had the experiences of calling places and having them just give me the go head without taking any information and little trouble. But what about when they ask for your FAA registration number? Do you and are you required to give it? I can't find much information past just letting them know with a name, number and location. My only thought that it seems like a personal number that if in the unlikely scenario, it could be used on someone's else drone and leave you with the task of proving any no good caused by another drone with your numbers isn't yours. Any advice or experience?

good question and i really don't know the correct answer. The number is tied to you and not your actual aircraft. So in a way it is like your social security number. Would like to hear what others have to say.

The local airport near me that I sometimes fly within the 5mi radius of never picks up their phone. I just leave a VM with the control tower including my name, phone number, FAA number, approximate location of when and where I'll be flying. Haven't had any issues with this approach. I leave my info so that they can call me and ask me to land if they need me out of the air.

I wouldn't.
There is no written requirement to do so, and until the FAA requires it, I wouldn't do it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett