DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do you guys fly with the gimbal cover?

Mccutch2u

Reactions
Do you guys fly with the clear dome that comes with the mavic pro?
I feel like I'm getting a reflection and poor video with it on.

It's okay to fly with the cover on, but you should remove it before shooting any video/photos you'd like to use.

They say not to fly with it on it blocks the airflow. I personally take it off. But I need to know some guys that leave it on and have never had a problem.

Reactions: Armyguy6902
if you feel better with it left on then theres one sold that still protects and allows camera usage,not quite as much protection but much better than none.

Hasn't this been shown to be not the case at all?

Having said that, I would never fly with it on for other reasons including glare and poor optics.
it may not overheat it but no doubt that little small hole will increase the temp of the electronics and will tend to decrease performance as heat is its worse enemy.

this is basically a bench test not real usage ,the mavic generates alot of heat idling and choking of 95%+ airflow has to affect it,maybe not to the point of operation interference but has to affect performance.

this is basically a bench test not real usage ,the mavic generates alot of heat idling and choking of 95%+ airflow has to affect it,maybe not to the point of operation interference but has to affect performance.
Okay. But there have been multiple posts saying that that is not, in fact, the case. But again, flying with it on is a bad idea for other reasons.

Okay. But there have been multiple posts saying that that is not, in fact, the case. But again, flying with it on is a bad idea for other reasons.
we can amicably agree to disagree however one of my hobbys is building water cooled pc's and have worked with most every heat issue possible,i agree with thunderdrones point that when airflow is choked down the speed of airflow is increased however when doing so the cfm is reduced resulting in a less cooling effect

In the beginning I flew with the clear plastic cover on to protect the camera, there is a slot in the cover to allow air flow into the MP. Yes there was light glare in the photos caused by the plastic cover. After I felt better about my flying skills I took it off, but got a lens hood like the one below, in order to give the lens some protection, but allow clear view for the camera. I have never had a problem with the MP overheating either with or without the plastic cover, flying or sitting on a table while updating FW or running through my settings.UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2129.jpg

Do you guys fly with the clear dome that comes with the mavic pro?
I feel like I'm getting a reflection and poor video with it on.

No never only to protect cam and gimbal when not in flight, I did try once on a sunny day and horrible glare plus helps cool intake fan is right behind gimbal

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929