DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do you have a Back Pack for your M2 that you just love?

MavicMark18

Reactions
I have a M2Z with a fly more kit, a mavmount for my iPad mini
and a Hoodman Aviator HAV1E sunshade that's 9" x 12" folded up.
I've been looking at backpacks and saw the Lowepro ViewPoint
BP 250 Backpack. It seemed like the perfect fit as it had a separate
removable case that fit in the bottom of the pack that you pulled out
from the side for quick access that the Mavic fit into perfectly.
But upon further investigation found the M2's won't fit as they are taller.
I'm looking for something with a bunch of pockets for all my extras. It
seems that all that's out there for the M2's are packs that expose every-
thing when you open them up. Have you guys found a backpack that
suits your Mavic 2 needs? I'd like to hear any suggestions you might have.

Thanks,

Mark

I love this back pack. I can fit my M2Z, 6 batteries, rapid charger, Ipad mount, ipad, props, and so much more. It is a 5.11 backpack with custom foam.

I wrote in another thread about my gear, I bought a Lowepro flipside 400 awII where I can bring with me all stuff I need. Now I have changed a little bit because my last buy was the goggles RE, but they fit in the bag if I set the goggles apart in two pieces. I will take some pictures tomorrow and come back with that.

When I want to go small I use a Lowepro Slingshot 250 AW. M2P, controller.
4 batteries, 9.7Ipad, Tablet holder, sunshade. ND case. harness, 4 ARC2, strobes, water bottle and little stuff.

I’ve been using this bag for a few months now. It’s pretty great and highly recommend it.

- Fits 4 batteries and the M2P with a battery.
- Have 2 chargers in there
- All filters, SD cards in the pocket
- Osmo action, selfie stick, mounts, clips, clamps, whatever in the top front zipper pocket.
- More small accessories in the top inner zipper pocket also.

Cons: no place for a laptop but iPad Pro and charger can go easily in the inner pocket.

Bought it for $89 a few months back, a bit more now but it’s worth it. They also make the same bag for a Smart Controller setup :)

Smatree Backpack Compatible for DJI Mavic 2 Pro/Mavic 2 Zoom/GoPro Hero 2018/ Hero 7/6/5/4/3+/3 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D49PGH5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_LfSUDbBDE8ZY9

I use this one and have a spare for $30 plus the cost of shipping if anyone is interested. It has a hard shell top and is stated that the material is water resistant. Works great and is super light weight. Tablet or even a fifth battery can be fitted in the top pocket of the shell. It has 3 spaces for batteries, so if you keep one on the drone, that would be 4 batteries total.INSIDE CASE.jpgINSIDE CASE.jpgIMG_6774.jpgIMG_6772.jpgIMG_6773.jpgIMG_6778.jpg

I love this back pack. I can fit my M2Z, 6 batteries, rapid charger, Ipad mount, ipad, props, and so much more. It is a 5.11 backpack with custom foam.

Thanks for your input jasonlday.

I wrote in another thread about my gear, I bought a Lowepro flipside 400 awII where I can bring with me all stuff I need. Now I have changed a little bit because my last buy was the goggles RE, but they fit in the bag if I set the goggles apart in two pieces. I will take some pictures tomorrow and come back with that.
That is a nice bag. Thanks for posting.

I’ve been using this bag for a few months now. It’s pretty great and highly recommend it.

- Fits 4 batteries and the M2P with a battery.
- Have 2 chargers in there
- All filters, SD cards in the pocket
- Osmo action, selfie stick, mounts, clips, clamps, whatever in the top front zipper pocket.
- More small accessories in the top inner zipper pocket also.

Cons: no place for a laptop but iPad Pro and charger can go easily in the inner pocket.

Bought it for $89 a few months back, a bit more now but it’s worth it. They also make the same bag for a Smart Controller setup :)

Smatree Backpack Compatible for DJI Mavic 2 Pro/Mavic 2 Zoom/GoPro Hero 2018/ Hero 7/6/5/4/3+/3 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D49PGH5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_LfSUDbBDE8ZY9
I like that bag Dakrisht, but I don't have a GoPro. Guess I could take out the foam in that area. Thanks!

I like that bag Dakrisht, but I don't have a GoPro. Guess I could take out the foam in that area. Thanks!

You can take out that foam completely and use it as a big storage area for even a 10” iPad.It’s modular so you can add/remove various foam components to fit small items, etc. very smart and well priced.

The entire bag is a hard shell type material so this is great while not being or looking plasticky at all. Just a solid bag.

I use this one and have a spare for $30 plus the cost of shipping if anyone is interested. It has a hard shell top and is stated that the material is water resistant. Works great and is super light weight. Tablet or even a fifth battery can be fitted in the top pocket of the shell. It has 3 spaces for batteries, so if you keep one on the drone, that would be 4 batteries total.View attachment 84541View attachment 84541View attachment 84542View attachment 84543View attachment 84546View attachment 84547
I use this one and have a spare for $30 plus the cost of shipping if anyone is interested. It has a hard shell top and is stated that the material is water resistant. Works great and is super light weight. Tablet or even a fifth battery can be fitted in the top pocket of the shell. It has 3 spaces for batteries, so if you keep one on the drone, that would be 4 batteries total.
I use this one and have a spare for $30 plus the cost of shipping if anyone is interested. It has a hard shell top and is stated that the material is water resistant. Works great and is super light weight. Tablet or even a fifth battery can be fitted in the top pocket of the shell. It has 3 spaces for batteries, so if you keep one on the drone, that would be 4 batteries total.View attachment 84541View attachment 84541View attachment 84542View attachment 84543View attachment 84546View attachment 84547
Thanks for your feedback and pics etc. Looks like a good pack.
View attachment 84541View attachment 84541View attachment 84542View attachment 84543View attachment 84546View attachment 84547

To be honest, almost all of the photo type backpacks, drone specific ones as well are utter garbage. They all feel like you have strapped a brick of foam on your back. They universially have very poor ventilation for your back. Your back is essential to shed heat and moisture for cooling when hiking hard. I am a professional geologist. We hike all the time, not little jaunts on park like trails, but rather in hard rocky or wet jungle environments. Typically I will hike 5-10 klicks a day. As of late I have been bringing the drone to help locate spots I may find interesting. I have always brought camera gear. Documentation is very important to our profession. So we obsessively shoot photos. The drone has added a new dimension. I have tried all kinds of backpacks, from Lowe to WYNRD. They all feel awful. I settled on using Domke Photo wraps. They come in 3 sizes and I can wrap the drone up safely and insert it in any decent backpack. None of this overpriced foam block stuff. The other thing about these backpacks, they encourage you to bring way more stuff than you will ever need in the field. Every gram will feel like a kilo after 5 klicks. Aside from that, they are cheap, only a few $$ each. Other brands have started to make them as well and have roughly the same features, nylon covered exterior, thin foam layer, velcro tabs. I wrap all my photo gear, usually just a Nikon D850, one macro and one wide zoom, now plus the drone and stuff, geopick, water and a small human repair kit. Stuff it all into my Osprey backpack. It has excellent suspension and unsurpassed ventilation.

Don't let the marketing types lead you to believe you need something specific for a drone. They are sensitive, but not so delicate they need level 5 protection. I almost never fall and if I do, the drone is the last thing I am worried about if I do. Besides most of those bricks folks are strapping to their backs are as likely to hurt you in a fall. Think wrestling, where the big beefy guy tries to snap a back over his knee.

DSC_2127.jpgDSC_2126.jpg

Reactions: ff22
To be honest, almost all of the photo type backpacks, drone specific ones as well are utter garbage. They all feel like you have strapped a brick of foam on your back. They universially have very poor ventilation for your back. Your back is essential to shed heat and moisture for cooling when hiking hard. I am a professional geologist. We hike all the time, not little jaunts on park like trails, but rather in hard rocky or wet jungle environments. Typically I will hike 5-10 klicks a day. As of late I have been bringing the drone to help locate spots I may find interesting. I have always brought camera gear. Documentation is very important to our profession. So we obsessively shoot photos. The drone has added a new dimension. I have tried all kinds of backpacks, from Lowe to WYNRD. They all feel awful. I settled on using Domke Photo wraps. They come in 3 sizes and I can wrap the drone up safely and insert it in any decent backpack. None of this overpriced foam block stuff. The other thing about these backpacks, they encourage you to bring way more stuff than you will ever need in the field. Every gram will feel like a kilo after 5 klicks. Aside from that, they are cheap, only a few $$ each. Other brands have started to make them as well and have roughly the same features, nylon covered exterior, thin foam layer, velcro tabs. I wrap all my photo gear, usually just a Nikon D850, one macro and one wide zoom, now plus the drone and stuff, geopick, water and a small human repair kit. Stuff it all into my Osprey backpack. It has excellent suspension and unsurpassed ventilation.

Don't let the marketing types lead you to believe you need something specific for a drone. They are sensitive, but not so delicate they need level 5 protection. I almost never fall and if I do, the drone is the last thing I am worried about if I do. Besides most of those bricks folks are strapping to their backs are as likely to hurt you in a fall. Think wrestling, where the big beefy guy tries to snap a back over his knee.

View attachment 84688View attachment 84689
You can always get your self a Sherpa who will do the tough job for you so you don’t get so tired when you do the climbing to the Top. ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS