DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do you tag your drone?

Londroner

Reactions
Forgive the newbie question but do you tag, label or mark your drone in any way to help with its recovery should it get lost? Or is this frowned on?

I was wondering if contact numbers or offers of reward for safe return help with getting drones back.

Same here, FAA number and 2 phone numbers, why not? Without it someone would have no idea whatsoever what to do with it should they find it, it increases your odds of getting it back substantially.

Absolutely not. If I ever put my bird in a position for it to "get lost", it was likely doing something that would lead to my arrest anyway. I plead the fifth. Thank you very much.

What if you have a 'fly away', these can and do happen in LOS, and well within legal limits of flying.

I have my name, address and phone number underneath the battery.

Yes on all my drones i put a sticker with mail and phone and also a QR code. Not only for retrieving a lost drone but in case if someone got hurt or some property damaged they can find me directly.

I created an SMS QR code, which will generate a text message addressed to your phone when scanned. I added my name and address plus a promise of a reward. All the person finding the mavic has to do is scan and then hit Send. You get a text msg with that person's number to contact.

Yup. My phone number is inside the battery compartment.

Forgive the newbie question but do you tag, label or mark your drone in any way to help with its recovery should it get lost? Or is this frowned on?

I was wondering if contact numbers or offers of reward for safe return help with getting drones back.

Per Canadian law my drones have full contact information on them (as well as "reward offered" in English and French).

Even have the now useless US FAA reg. number on them.

Just used Avery stickers and trimmed to fit. Can easily be re-printed if needed.

I have both my FAA registration number and cell phone number on the rear arms. I got them from eBay, very nice vinyl letters that were specifically sized for the Mavic. They look great!

4X Drone Registration Number Decals DJI MAVIC PRO FAA UAS Compliant | eBay

FAA Compliant! ROFLMAO!

1) All you need for compliance is the FAA cert number on there.
2) You don't need to register anymore in any case. unless operating commercial (edited at the insistence of FatherXmas!).

Last edited:
FAA Compliant! ROFLMAO!

1) All you need for compliance is the FAA cert number on there.
2) You don't need to register anymore in any case.
Yes you do still need to register if you use it for commercial purposes. I do real estate photos, so it does have to be registered.
The phone number is in case I lose it, whoever finds it could call me.

Yes you do still need to register if you use it for commercial purposes. I do real estate photos, so it does have to be registered.
The phone number is in case I lose it, whoever finds it could call me.

True enough - but most here ( I suspect ) are not pursuing commercial jobs. My main ROFL was the "FAA compliant" tag.

True enough - but most here ( I suspect ) are not pursuing commercial jobs. My main ROFL was the "FAA compliant" tag.
Back when I bought the decals, it was a requirement for recreational too. So at the time the the guy listed it, "FAA compliant" was correct.

Back when I bought the decals, it was a requirement for recreational too. So at the time the the guy listed it, "FAA compliant" was correct.

We're separated by a common language.

There is no FAA requirement as to the design of the tag. Indeed the number can be marked or engraved directly onto the drone. Hence an FAA compliant tag is a laughable concept.

(Or laudable marketing).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22