DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do you think Litchi will support waypoints if/when the Air is added

SpyderSkeets

Reactions
Hi folks!
I know allot of us are waiting for Litchi to support the Air, but in reading the description on the App store, it states that waypoints are not supported by the Spark. So I'm wondering if that is going to be so for the Air as well.

Thanks!

The only reason I would see for delaying Way Points support, is the lens of the Spark and the Air that seem to both produce ‘barreled’ images. If this distortion is too pronounced, it can lead to difficulties to stitch images based on individual images taken during pre-programmed waypoints.
In an other thread of this forum, an Air owner did report so distorted images that he could barely stitch with image processing software such as PhotoStich or equivalent.
The Raw/DNG images produced by the Air seem to be efficiently corrected by the in-bord software (but not by the Jepg ‘out of the MA’). So it should be possible, but only after a processing... that Softwares like Litchi may not be ready to do, even if an SDK kit was delivered.
That’s only my guess, but I’m still waiting to see support for Way points on the Mavic Air before to buy one.

Hope it’s readable... Sorry I’m French !

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrose