DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DOA BRAND NEW Mavic Pro Fly More Combo! So upset!

Status
Not open for further replies.

easyheimer

Reactions
We purchased a Mavic Pro Fly More Combo for Christmas for our nephew and we took it out of the box yeseterday to get it ready for our first flight(s) this weekend since we're going to have good weather. After taking it out of the box and going through the setup, I noticed that 2 of the batteries were completely dead and wouldn't even charge. Once of the batteries had about half charge on it but that one wouldn't charge either. I tried popping that in the Mavic Pro to get some firmware updates done and such and the drone wouldn't even turn on. I pressed the button once and then held it down after the second time and the drone just blinked and then shut off. I couldnt get anything done last night. I tried leaving the batteries on the charger for a good 3 plus hours while I checked out the drone and they still did not get a charge. The controller charged just fine though on the same charger. I then brought the charger upstairs to try a different outlet and left it overnight and still did not charge. There are no signs of life on these batteries, or more importantly the drone.

I reached out to DJI chat and they recommended to send it out to their service center to get looked at but I don't think it's right that I have to send a BRAND NEW drone out of the box in for servicing. It kind of takes away from the whole "I got it brand new" kind of feeling. If I knew they wouldn't just replace the whole bundle I would have just had my wife buy refurbished from DJI. This is very frustrating as these things are not cheap and they should stand by their product. I really wish they'd just swap my bundle out for another BRAND NEW one like the one originally purchased for our nephew.

Any tips going forward with DJI?

Thank you!

Sounds like it’s been in the store a long time and the batteries have past the point of no return. Can’t you return it to where you bought it?

We bought it on eBay. It’s never been activated either. Thing is literally brand new. Got it for an amazing price too. Who knows how long it was sitting on the shelf for.
Don’t want to return it but I should be able to.

We bought it on eBay. It’s never been activated either. Thing is literally brand new. Got it for an amazing price too. Who knows how long it was sitting on the shelf for.
Don’t want to return it but I should be able to.
It’ll be the best option. Quickest too, probably.
If it’s the original Mavic then it’s been on the shelf for a very long time and the batteries just don’t last without maintenance.

Sorry to hear about your issue.

I had the exact same problem three weeks ago. Purchased brand new Mavic Pro Fly more kit for myself on Dec 26 from a mid size retail store but from their online store as only their online warehouse had one in stock for an awesome price. All three batteries doa brand new Mavic pro never registered.

After trying to deal with customer service of retail company both instore and online. As well as with dji online support and local regional dji service company same solution came back needed to send all three batteries back to either retail store or dji service centre for assessment. In both cases they figured they would send me three new batteries problem was no one had replacement batteries. Not even dji service centre. And they didn’t put expect to get any for a month.

I ended up returning the brand new combo to the store and buying a used one in immaculate condition off of kijiji that had only 10 hrs of flight and 16 charge cycles per battery. Everything is literally mint and also got a set of white dji goggles as part of the deal for less then what I paid for the new combo. Also had dji refresh for 6 more months.

here is my thread on my e problem.https://mavicpilots.com/threads/brand-new-mavic-pro-fly-more-combo-battery-issues-all-three-batteries-doa.79168/

It’ll be the best option. Quickest too, probably.
If it’s the original Mavic then it’s been on the shelf for a very long time and the batteries just don’t last without maintenance.
So you recommend just returning it instead of getting it serviced? I got it for a killer price of $625 and can’t seem to find any anywhere around that price range I can replace it with. Just a bummer that this happened.

Sorry to hear about your issue.

I had the exact same problem three weeks ago. Purchased brand new Mavic Pro Fly more kit for myself on Dec 26 from a mid size retail store but from their online store as only their online warehouse had one in stock for an awesome price. All three batteries doa brand new Mavic pro never registered.

After trying to deal with customer service of retail company both instore and online. As well as with dji online support and local regional dji service company same solution came back needed to send all three batteries back to either retail store or dji service centre for assessment. In both cases they figured they would send me three new batteries problem was no one had replacement batteries. Not even dji service centre. And they didn’t put expect to get any for a month.

I ended up returning the brand new combo to the store and buying a used one in immaculate condition off of kijiji that had only 10 hrs of flight and 16 charge cycles per battery. Everything is literally mint and also got a set of white dji goggles as part of the deal for less then what I paid for the new combo. Also had dji refresh for 6 more months.

here is my thread on my e problem.https://mavicpilots.com/threads/brand-new-mavic-pro-fly-more-combo-battery-issues-all-three-batteries-doa.79168/

Thank you for starting your story. Such a huge inconvenience and DJI should honestly be a little better in handling these situations. Sending me a brand new combo to replace mine wouldn’t be such a huge deal for them as they can just repurpose my drone as a replacement for someone else once they fix it up.

Do you mind me asking how much you got each of your combos for?

Thank you!

I’d say buy one aftermarket battery to get you in the air while you’re waiting for the batteries fro DJI. I have one aftermarket battery and it works fine with no issues charging or flight time.

Reactions: easyheimer
i am really sorry that you had these issues,it does seem that the batteries have been left to long without enough charge lipos once they go really low will not take on a charge as the chemistry in them fails ,i know you thought you were getting a bargain,and if you can get some new free batteries then it still is a bargain,hope things turn out ok

$625 US is an awesome deal. I paid here in Canada $959 CDN so depending on conversion it’s about $734 US not including taxes. With taxes And shipping it cost me $1100 CDN. The used fly more combo with DJI white googles I paid $1050 CDN, so depending on how you value the googles the fly more kit itself would be in the $750 CDN range, the white goggles new cost about $500 CDN. With the goggles I can fly FPV.

Ive only flown once everything works great and my kids loved using the goggles while I flew the drone VLOS.

For the price you paid and if you are willing to wait it’s probably worth sending in the batteries for replacement.

I was impatient and perturbed new out the box I couldn’t confirm it worked or now. I also agreed with your thought dji should be able to provide me a whole new unit. Unfortunately I know they don’t produce or sell new units of the Mavic Pro unit anymore. So at best they would send a refurbed.

also the one I bought used had googles as I mentioned as well as the dji refresh+ warranty for 6 months. So if I crash it I can get a replacement/refurb from dji for a nominal fee. The dji refresh+ is worth $90 USD per year.so that was an added bonus in my case. It also provided to me the previous owner did have the mind set to look after his stuff. He paid for dji refresh for both years he owned it from new.

So you recommend just returning it instead of getting it serviced? I got it for a killer price of $625 and can’t seem to find any anywhere around that price range I can replace it with. Just a bummer that this happened.
I’d certainly ask the seller for some options before going to DJI. They might have another unit to exchange it for?
As the Mavic is out of production even the manufacturer will struggle to replace the batteries with new ones.

I’d say buy one aftermarket battery to get you in the air while you’re waiting for the batteries fro DJI. I have one aftermarket battery and it works fine with no issues charging or flight time.

Which aftermarket battery did you go with? I’m a little nervous about using non OEM in my drone though.

We purchased a Mavic Pro Fly More Combo for Christmas for our nephew and we took it out of the box yeseterday to get it ready for our first flight(s) this weekend since we're going to have good weather. After taking it out of the box and going through the setup, I noticed that 2 of the batteries were completely dead and wouldn't even charge. Once of the batteries had about half charge on it but that one wouldn't charge either. I tried popping that in the Mavic Pro to get some firmware updates done and such and the drone wouldn't even turn on. I pressed the button once and then held it down after the second time and the drone just blinked and then shut off. I couldnt get anything done last night. I tried leaving the batteries on the charger for a good 3 plus hours while I checked out the drone and they still did not get a charge. The controller charged just fine though on the same charger. I then brought the charger upstairs to try a different outlet and left it overnight and still did not charge. There are no signs of life on these batteries, or more importantly the drone.

I reached out to DJI chat and they recommended to send it out to their service center to get looked at but I don't think it's right that I have to send a BRAND NEW drone out of the box in for servicing. It kind of takes away from the whole "I got it brand new" kind of feeling. If I knew they wouldn't just replace the whole bundle I would have just had my wife buy refurbished from DJI. This is very frustrating as these things are not cheap and they should stand by their product. I really wish they'd just swap my bundle out for another BRAND NEW one like the one originally purchased for our nephew.

Any tips going forward with DJI?

Thank you!

Since it is beyond the return date I can only suggest service.

In compare, my first Spark could not get a home lock for anything - service.
My first Mavic Air Flymore Combo had one battery DOA - sent battery to service.
My second Mavic air (I tend to buy in pairs, one in flight if one is in the shop) had the ONLY battery DOA - Sent battery to service.

They do stand behind their products but in my case, 11 warranty repairs between two Mavic Air since
March 23rd 2019 is a bit ridiculous.

• Wow
Reactions: GregE

My second Mavic air (I tend to buy in pairs, one in flight if one is in the shop) had the ONLY battery DOA - Sent battery to service.

They do stand behind their products but in my case, 11 warranty repairs between two Mavic Air since
Would it be beyond return date? He only bought it three weeks ago.
I imagine ebay and PayPal afford some buyer protection too.

Fortunately the buyer is working with me so far. Apparently he knows someone that knows almost everything about drones, even though DJI couldn't even help me and told me to return it.

I have PayPal protection up until 180 days, and since the item wasn't as described / and or defective, I should have no issue returning the drone for a full refund. I will keep everyone updated with what happens.

I'm just a little bummed because I got such a great deal on it. It would be impossible for the seller to know that the batteries were DOA unless they opened up the bundle, thus changing the condition from New to Open Box.

Wow, 11 warranty repairs?!?! That scares me regarding quality control of these drones. What else have you needed to have repaired on them?

Fortunately the buyer is working with me so far. Apparently he knows someone that knows almost everything about drones, even though DJI couldn't even help me and told me to return it.

I have PayPal protection up until 180 days, and since the item wasn't as described / and or defective, I should have no issue returning the drone for a full refund. I will keep everyone updated with what happens.

I'm just a little bummed because I got such a great deal on it. It would be impossible for the seller to know that the batteries were DOA unless they opened up the bundle, thus changing the condition from New to Open Box.

Might be worth considering keeping the drone and asking the seller for a partial refund on the batteries and buying your own?

Wow, 11 warranty repairs?!?! That scares me regarding quality control of these drones. What else have you needed to have repaired on them?
Controllers, vertical sensors, powered down completely once 6" off the ground on landing, hot pixels recorded onto the video, noisy cooling fans...
but the #1 item that seem to get out of adjustment often, even with calibration and manual adjustment, the gimbal not "holding the horizon".
That was on all of my DJI products

I see it is from a seller.
Bought direct from DJI is only 14 days.
I found that out as I am tired of my two MA with all the repairs and want to return them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato