DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does an iPad mini work with Mavic Mini?

Smokewagon

Reactions
I have Mavic Pro with an apple iPad mini.
Will Mavic Mini work with it also?
Controller size looks like it would fit the same.
Crossing my fingers.

Reactions: old man mavic
i hope so because i plan to use my ipad for it, it does appear to have the same dimensions as my MPP controller,and i hope my fitment i use to hold my ipad will fit between the arms the same as the MPP controller

I think I saw someone on a review video that said the controller is the same as an air controller but without the scroll wheels and c buttons.
And it looks like I won’t need tweezers to get the sd card out!

Last edited:
If you use an adapter, you can use and iPad Pro like the guy on FlyPath. But it should hold the mini from the looks of it.

Reactions: Smokewagon
Last edited:
DJI have brought out their own adapter.
That's nothing new. Lots of sellers have that type of holder. Not so much of a problem for the Mini but what bothers me is these obscure the LCD display of the M2 remote.
What I have yet to see is a mount that mounts in the front, keeps large tablets away from the LCD screen, and doesn't have the tablet 6" higher than the remote.

That's nothing new. Lots of sellers have that type of holder. Not so much of a problem for the Mini but what bothers me is these obscure the LCD display of the M2 remote.
What I have yet to see is a mount that mounts in the front, keeps large tablets away from the LCD screen, and doesn't have the tablet 6" higher than the remote.
That’s what I have been looking for.

Tried ipad mini 4 with short cable just to see if it would work.
Worked fine....
Ordered new cable will get that by Tuesday.

I am thinking of buying the iPad mini 5 gen iso 14. What is your iso that you fly with. I just want to be sure it will work before I buy.
"iso" or iOS? One is a camera setting and should be set as low as possible, preferred 100 setting to reduce graininess. The other is Apples Operating system and really doesn't matter as a Mini 5 is fully compatable when it was released with any DJI software and any subsequent updates won't matter. I will dismiss you are asking about the International Organization for Standardization. :p

"iso" or iOS? One is a camera setting and should be set as low as possible, preferred 100 setting to reduce graininess. The other is Apples Operating system and really doesn't matter as a Mini 5 is fully compatable when it was released with any DJI software and any subsequent updates won't matter. I will dismiss you are asking about the International Organization for Standardization. :p
Lol yes I was talking about the iOS sorry don’t know why I put iso,, typo on my behalf. Thank you for the info

I am using an iPad mini 4 with my MM. I have been able to run almost everything without issue. DJI Fly, Maven and Litchi all work fine. I am NOT able to run a Dronelink Mapping Mission however. I am hoping I will be able to upgrade to an iPad Mini 5 and be able to run it but I’m not sure if it will. Still seeking out that answer before I upgrade.

I am using an iPad mini 4 with my MM. I have been able to run almost everything without issue. DJI Fly, Maven and Litchi all work fine. I am NOT able to run a Dronelink Mapping Mission however. I am hoping I will be able to upgrade to an iPad Mini 5 and be able to run it but I’m not sure if it will. Still seeking out that answer before I upgrade.
I have just purchased a iPad mini 5 hooked it up to my mavic mini and the picture quality is great all be it only used it indoors, tomorrow I will test fly with it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore