DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does any one NOT have the filming stop / gimbal reset issue?

HSK

Reactions
Okay guys,

So I'm trying to establish a few things - Is there anyone here who has not experienced the issue of recording stopping and the gimbal resetting mid-flight?

Is there anyone here who has had the issue, sent the machine back to DJI and had it fixed?

Has DJI acknowledged this is a known issue?

It seems to be a fundamental hardware flaw - Although I can't speculate. I've seen a lot of threads and posts with people mentioning the same thing over and over.

Many different situations and firmware - people even been able to replicate the issue on the ground as I read on another post.

I've built up a little trust relationship with my Mavic, its flies great and even with this issue I no longer think it's about to tumble out of the sky and just to let it pass. But then I think, I've spent over 1300 GBP on a fly more combo kit I think it should be worthy of that wedge of cash. I still have a few days in my return period to get it back to the shop to get a refund or an exchange under their general satisfaction guarantee - but then there's always the issue it will be the same, or god forbid even worse. I would also have to transfer my care refresh (but DJI customer rep said I could).

Would love to know what DJI think. If this is a real thing, there going to see a lot of drones coming back their way.

Last edited:
Reactions: ListenLoudly
No issues at all here after 200 flights. Only had to tweak camera settings to get good detail and color.

Reactions: HSK
Never either. Only read of a single digit number of people having it, no chance it's a widespread issue.

Never either. Only read of a single digit number of people having it, no chance it's a widespread issue.
Hmmm I'm sure there are about 10+ different people posting on this forum alone, see the other threads.

What kind of SD card are you running out of interest? And firmware?

I've never heard of this issue before.
Mine had a little crack in it, which I'll fix this weekend by replacing it with a new top shell. That's the biggest problem with my Mavic other than the goofed-up firmware they keep pushing out to us.

Best of luck to those with this issue.

What kind of SD card are you running out of interest? And firmware?
Sandisk Extreme UHS-3. I have one of the first delivered Mavics and I've always kept it up to date so I've run every firmware that was released. 3 flights on .600 so far.

Never had that issue.
Using latest firmware and the Lexar card that came with it.

Last edited:
I do have this issue as I reported in another post, HOWEVER, I reverted back to firmware .400 and have not seen it since.

I was starting to get it every flight in addition to the gimbal not always being level.

So, in my case it seems firmware related with .600 and I think. .550 is when it started. I'll report back if it happens again.

never had the issue on any rev firmware to-date but only have a few limited flights on .600.

No issues at all. I'm on the latest update and operating the Mavic with a 7 plus. Also sometimes I stop recording to make some photos and then recording again with no issues(I'm not sure if this is relevant).

I've never had an in-flight gimbal reset, although I have read of several incidents. My Mavic is from October. Always flying with the latest software.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143