DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does anyone fly a Mavic 2 with a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 with Litchi????

joeruby

Reactions
Does anyone fly a Mavic 2 with a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 with Litchi???? If so do you have my problem described in the post link below:

I posted my problem several months ago, with no response. I have tried doing a factory reset on my Tab S2, and shut down everything on the tablet that was not needed. and I still have the same problem. I have used this tablet with my Phantom 3 Pro for several years with no problems. I wrote to Litchi, and they didn't think it was caused by Litchi.

It would help to know is someone else was having the same problem.

I would like to understand the cause of the problem that started when I bought my Mavic 2 Pro. The problem is specific to Mavic 2 using Litchi, using Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 model SM-T813, 9.7" display. All firmware and Android 7.0 is the latest versions. Yes my wife's Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8" display does the same thing.

I am being forced to fly with my IPad Air 2, and I really don't think like an I Thing, or speak the I-Thing language. Which leaves me really frustrated.

I hope the link above works, or the question won't make any sense.

Does anyone use the Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 (not S2) and does it work OK?

Thank You

Sounds very much like the S2 can't process the video in real time. On my 8 inch Tab S2, flying DJI GO 4, I had to disable local video caching and set the image transmission to Regular (not HD). Now I have no problems. (Note that this does not affect video capture and recording to the aircraft SD card. I'm shooting 4K D-log M video).

Thanks msinger. I searched that link before I posted. I was not able to get an answer to my problem from that link.

Thanks Charlie. Note that in my "problem test results" that the Mavic 2 Pro played fine with my Tab S2 using GO4.

Here are my test results I copied from the link in my original post. Note the failure in RED below. The problem only shows up with Litchi.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ below copied from original post link.

Tests: with Mavic 2 Pro:
With Samsung Galaxy Tablet S2 (Android ver 7):
* Go 4 V 4.3.25, smooth display
*Litchi V 4.17.0-g, Display jumps

With I pad air 2 V13.2.3
* Go 4 V 4.3.29 smooth display
* Litchi 2.8.0 smooth display

Tests: with P3 Pro:
* Go , smooth display
* Litchi. Smooth display

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Is anyone flying a Mavic 2, with Galaxy Tab S2, with Litchi ???

Is anyone flying a Mavic 2 , with a 9.7" Android tablet, with Litchi, and having good results??? If so What model number tablet are you using?

Thanks for any help.
Joe
KC7GHT

The guy in this video makes some points on getting these types of tablets to work. Apparently there are steps to increase the data through-rate on the S2 (and maybe other Samsung tablets?).

I haven't tried it but he describes turning on 'developer mode' and 'USB debugging' and using a proper blue-ended USB 3.0 cable.

Reactions: joeruby
Thanks for the reply Niaga. I had tried everything before, except the blue USB cable. This morning I tried the DJI blue cable with the Android adapter. I still have the jumping problem.

I never had this problem with my Phantom 3 pros. It only started when I bought a new Mavic 2 Pro, with my Android Galaxy Tab S2, with Litchi. Since I only fly Litchi, I finally had to force my self to buy an "ipad air 2". Since I think like a Windows and Android man, I struggle with the i-things. However the i-pad is working great with my Mavic 2 Pro. Thank you so much for your post.
Joe
KC7GHT

I have tried my Samsung S2 and it works perfectly, much better than S10 phone, but in the sun it's unusable, so I don't use it any longer. Sun shade did not help at all, the glare from the glas it too bad.

Sanel, as a test for me, please connect your Samsung Tab S2 (9.7 " or 8.0") galaxy tablet to your Mavic 2 and open the Litchi App. With your Mavic 2 aircraft sitting on a table in front of you and the camera facing you, move your hand back and forth in front of the camera and watch the tablet video display of your moving hand. Does the video display of your moving hand seem to jump every 2 or 3 seconds, or does the video display show your hand moving properly as you would expect? Thank you so for doing this test.
Joe
KC7GHT

Sanel, as a test for me, please connect your Samsung Tab S2 (9.7 " or 8.0") galaxy tablet to your Mavic 2 and open the Litchi App. With your Mavic 2 aircraft sitting on a table in front of you and the camera facing you, move your hand back and forth in front of the camera and watch the tablet video display of your moving hand. Does the video display of your moving hand seem to jump every 2 or 3 seconds, or does the video display show your hand moving properly as you would expect? Thank you so for doing this test.
Joe
KC7GHT
I have to apologize, I'm flying Mavic Pro original, maybe that is why it works fine, video stream is only 720p to tablet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada