DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does anyone know any good flying areas in Greater Manchester

OzzyBrown

Reactions
Hi just purchased a Mavic Platinum pro does anyone know any good flying areas in Greater Manchester ?
Thanks Austin

I suppose it depends what you are after. Nice views? It's quite good where I live just North of Bury. Lots of hills, reservoirs and nice villages around Scout Moor, Holcombe Moor. Also Rivington Valley in Bolton.

One of my first outings was up at Liverpool castle in Rivington. When I got there there was a a guy flying a Mavic Pro. Great spot on a nice evening.

Thanks for replies there are a few people mentioned Rivington or Bury might give them a go not much good around here quite close to Manchester Airport

Hi just purchased a Mavic Platinum pro does anyone know any good flying areas in Greater Manchester ?
Thanks Austin
I'm from macclesfield Cheshire. I tend to try and go into the countryside around Cheshire and surrounding areas

anyone know any good flying areas in Greater Manchester ?
Thanks Austin
Hi Bud I like to go to Crowden. Amazing landscape. not many people. parking at
Crowden Camping & Caravaning Club Site
Crowden

Glossop
SK13 1HZ
google maps will get you there easily.
I checked it out on NATS. Its green to go clear for flight zones etc.
see video link of an old phantom 3 4k video I made when I was there.

Last edited:
Come south until you clear the Manchester airspace. Some nice countryside around Northwich. Delamere forest etc

Reactions: Paulbee
LMFAO :p
I think we are gonna be restricted to the drone assist App areas aren't we..lol .
So I reakon we are gonna meet some day LMFAO. But we cant moan... Britain is just an Island size country. and if you look at the app,.. It aint that bad.... Yeah! it's hard to get away from people... Not like the States or Canada. ..But we've all got Amazing Landscapes just like the rest of the world..
And always remember..If you catch a perfect moment in your footage, then that moment was given to you... LMAO . Yay! I love Flying my quad. Peace.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ