DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does anyone know of a good thread or date for speed/mode vs distance-covered vs battery usage for the mavic 2?

• Thread starter Deleted member 103366
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 103366

I can find quite a few for the Mavic '1' but not the Mavic 2.

Also, if flying with a wind that is perpendicular to the direction of travel to reduce energy consumption would it be better to fly sideways to the direction of travel i.e. nose or tail into the wind?

I ask because I have just done a long distance-covered flight most of which was flat out in sports mode and it seemed to use the battery quite quickly. I am wondering if P mode i.e. slower, would have been better? I am not currently in a position to repeat the flight easily.

I can find quite a few for the Mavic '1' but not the Mavic 2.

Also, if flying with a wind that is perpendicular to the direction of travel to reduce energy consumption would it be better to fly sideways to the direction of travel i.e. nose or tail into the wind?

I ask because I have just done a long distance-covered flight most of which was flat out in sports mode and it seemed to use the battery quite quickly. I am wondering if P mode i.e. slower, would have been better? I am not currently in a position to repeat the flight easily.
If you fly slowly, you use too much battery just fighting gravity and not enough for forward propulsion.
If you fly too fast you burn battery faster as the extra tily provides less lift and more speed is required to keep the drone up.
There's a sweet spot in the middle where you cover the most miles per battery.
No matter which model you fly that sweet spot is around full speed in normal or P-GPS mode.

And any difference flying sideways vs forwards is negligible.
The drone flies the same in any direction.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121